Flags

Guest Mardy

Anyone else making their own flag, we've done it a couple of times now, really good fun and helps you get in the mood. Also, as I'm not into regionalism/tribalism, it's a much better way for me than those mass produced 'county'/regional flags or a clcihed skull & crossbones

I'm the least artistic person in the world, but a computer makes it dead easy to do it, bit of material and paint/markers, the PosteRazor thing of the internet and wallop, you're away.

Weird, I was literally just looking at an ace pic my friend posted on FB and thought I might try and make a flag of that, its got to that time of year....FLAG THREAD!!!

yeah, you print it out on about 8 pieces of A4, blutac them to the table, then put your flag material over the top and trace it with those big markers.

I was going to try stencilling this year but worry that I'll just end up spraying everything in the f**king kitchen

We are about to start stencilling the flag, after agreeing on a design. We attach the flag to a flag pole and leave it by the tent, so we can find it again! The last two years we have had the goonies and teenage mutant hero turtles! Great fun, and starts the practical glasto excitement nice and early!

The secret with stencilling and spray paint, is distance. Avoid being close enough that the pressure drives the paint into the fabric -- and potentially under the stencil. Lay the flag flat, and spray so that the paint droplets settle gently onto the fabric. Let it dry, and repeat until you have the depth of colour you want.

Flags for tents - excellent. Flags for front of crowd at stage - not so much so.