Portable Camping Showers

Guest Craig_G

I have to say I saw this on the Bargain Thread and picked one up from Amazon.

It was probably one of my best ever festival purchases! Being able to freshen up every day at camp was amazing and everyone in our camp used it at least once a day. We managed 2-3 showers out of each 5-liter fill - highly recommended!

71NiurIaReL._SL1500_.jpg

Looks interesting... I had considered a 'solar shower' but was a bit stumped as to what you're meant to hang it off.

How big is it? And did you have any tricks for preserving your decency?

I managed to get into the Greenpeace showers (no queues for men) one afternoon which was just what the doctor ordered.

It's not too big and is pretty light, so easy to carry. I showered in my boxers but my camp mates had brought windbreaks (despite my advice not to), so we were able to make a shower cubical for the girls.

We used one as well but we also had a shower tent (1 metre square) which packs up really small and has shelves and so on built in. We each took in a bag with a towel, once zipped up in shower tent put our minimal clothes in the bag as well, showered, dried then clothes back on for the few steps back to the tent. We also used it just before we left to get some of the crap from our boots. Got to agree with Craig_G it was a great buy. So refreshing in the morning we got at least 3 showers out of a full tank.

Edited by snoopyhill

I thought they were fucking hilarious to see dotted around the place - this along with the amount of girls who were walking around with curlers in their hair. If you are afraid to get dirty at a festival, don't go to one as far as I'm concerned. Next to us was a girl who'd set up a massive 6-man tent with her bloke and put a portable shower next to her tent a bit like this.

outback-porta-privy-portable-shower-tent

It kept getting kicked over by people - I'm pretty sure somebody pissed in it at one point and was only used one morning when the lovely lady decided to leave the door half open as she took her shower. That was the point where my missus said, "right, you, Caro Emerald. Now!"

haha. My fiance also bought one of these but I told here it probably wasnt a good idea and that it would probably be used a toilet by someone. She reluctantly left it in the car but then proceeded to point out every one across the site....

When did we decide that showering every day was essential ? It makes me think back to being younger when bath days were Sundays, and a strip wash in the mornings was the norm .... it just wouldn't happen now. People had really manual jobs and so would sweat a lot. Did 'we' all just smell more ? Plenty of baby wipes, a wash down with a sponge/water/biodegradable shower gel (cold water wakes you up) , deodorant, body spray and look forward to a long bath/shower when you get home - job done !

When did we decide that showering every day was essential ? It makes me think back to being younger when bath days were Sundays, and a strip wash in the mornings was the norm .... it just wouldn't happen now. People had really manual jobs and so would sweat a lot. Did 'we' all just smell more ? Plenty of baby wipes, a wash down with a sponge/water/biodegradable shower gel (cold water wakes you up) , deodorant, body spray and look forward to a long bath/shower when you get home - job done !

I have to say I saw this on the Bargain Thread and picked one up from Amazon.

It was probably one of my best ever festival purchases! Being able to freshen up every day at camp was amazing and everyone in our camp used it at least once a day. We managed 2-3 showers out of each 5-liter fill - highly recommended!

71NiurIaReL._SL1500_.jpg

While I do agree with you to an extent - having tried it for the first time this year I will certainly be doing this at every future festival I attend. Why have a baby wipe shower when you can have a good scrub with a bar of soap outside your tent?

Considering how dirty, sweaty, covered in dust and exhausted I was when I had finally dragged all my gear across site and set up - the shower was fcking amazing!