Michael in Pilton tonight

outlinereality

Here are the things we learnt tonight, sorry if anything is rehashing news.

Charlotte Church on Leftfield

2018 is happening, 20 miles from the current site, festival of the same size - no location given

ME wants Corybn on the Pyramid as he'll be talking about CND but he also has 3 hours on the Leftfield

The Bowie flash will be the 'thing' on the Pyramid this year 

As ever, he was charming and I want him to be my Grandpappy! 

Edited by outlinereality

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, arcade fireman said:

Fesitval of the same size in 2018?! That's arguably the biggest bit of news there. We all assumed a smaller venture. 

This is Michael though, I love him but I'd take some of his quotes with a pinch of salt.  It's entirely possible, but Glastonbury is pretty massive and even if the same people work to create another festival I just can't see it being anywhere near as huge.  However, it's definitely promising

Unless they've been planning it for a while I don't know how they could hold an event of the same size on a different site never used for a festival before. Not without there being teething problems. The festival as it is now is a result of years of experience and planning and I can't imagine it ever being held elsewhere, at least not on the same scale anyway :unsure:

Edited by kaytee...

I was also expecting a Michael stalking thread,

2008 hours: Michael is in the local co-op, he bought two bottles of scrumpy in a jar and a kingsize twix (could he have broken into his own fest)

The 2018 concept is interesting. I can't see it being as big, I hope it's just for 2018 and not moving :(

21 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I'll take he flash, but a giant metal statue of Jareth the Goblin King would have been preferable. 

The weight of the budgie-smuggling bulge alone would crush the Pyramid to dust if rendered in metal.

Edited by GETOFFAMYLAWN
you c**t

12 minutes ago, pie_and_a_pint said:

20 miles from the current site?

Longleat is almost exactly 20 miles from Worthy Farm...

It's gotta be, surely? Makes too much sense if they are going to move it for a year.

I have to say, people will be down on this, but Longleat could be a great location for a Glastonbury-esque festival. Just hope it is indeed a one off and not a trial run for a permanent move.

25 minutes ago, kaytee... said:

Unless they've been planning it for a while I don't know how they could hold an event of the same size on a different site never used for a festival before. Not without there being teething problems. The festival as it is now is a result of years of experience and planning and I can't imagine it ever being held elsewhere, at least not on the same scale anyway :unsure:

Well they have been planning at least a year.  This has been rumoured for a while

22 minutes ago, thatcrazypenguin said:

I thought this....the investment in permanent infrastructure alone such as the long drops I don't see how could be replaced for a one time only event. Worthy farm works so well because its grown up with and to a point been designed for Glastonbury festival.

Loads and loads of portaloos.  Can be done.