Cricket

greeneyes1980

It's what many suggested a while back (prior to Compton being picked).

"He's a vehicle and a fruit, he's Carberry"

I was surprised he didn't get considered more back when Root and Compton were picked in advance of India, but I'm shocked and impressed that they are genuinely looking at dropping Root back down the order.

Proir's injury is a worry.... But I don't think it is as big a deal as Vaughan is making it out to be. Am I the only one who really has taken a dislike to Vaughan since retirement. He is like a miniature Warne these days.

Bairstow is a reasonable wicket keeper.

I am more worried about Root... Still not convinced about the lad and I hope Clarke is right and he is dropped to somewhere around six.... Part of the fight down their will be making strong starts and keep the crowd quiet. If he couldn't do that here I am not convinced he will do it there.

I think it's a huge worry, however good a wickie Bairstow is (and that's unproven at international level), he's not been keeping wicket for ages. I think the beeb analysts are right in saying he's the least replacable member of the team.

I'm convinced by Root as an international batsman, but I think more time at 6 would be good for him. I do think he found it harder in the home Ashes series because Cook and Trott kept failing as well, batting is harder if you can't form a partnership.

I think Clarke is worried. These silly mind games, daft comments, calls to have a pop at certain plays and silly announcements is a all mickey mouse stuff and looks about the best they seem to have to offer. I can't see Cook or the rest of them falling for that shit.

I think that says a lot about were the confidence lies going into this. One looks like a professional sports team and the other looks like they are clinging to nothing but hope.

I know its going to be as tough as every but get that first test in the bag and hopefully the crowd will get on their backs and hopefully we can get the business done.

I agree. I think the Aussies will win a Test, but I still think we've got the better team, the better squad, and should win the series, and the Aussies know that.

Very excited.

Will tell myself I'll listen to the morning session only, but more than likely will be at work tomorrow morning having had little or no sleep...

I think this series is very tough to call. If England win, I think it's likely they will have won both Sydney and Melbourne.

I'm very interested in the pitch tonight. The normal green one will mean the convicts are confident and going to attack (not just the match but the series). A flat track and they don't have the belief.

Bring on TMS

I think England will win the series, but narrowly. I believe we can't keep failing in the batting quite so badly as we have this year and over the series the quality will tell. I'll be shocked if the Aussies don't get at least one win though.

Great point about the pitch.

How come?

Pick is on Freeview isn't it?

It is, but I only get limited channels where I live. Not sure why, I've lived places more rural than this, and got most/all before now. Not normally an issue. I find I don't really miss itv3 or QVC all that much. The one time I actually want to watch channel 5 though

Edited by philipsteak

It is, but I only get limited channels where I live. Not sure why, I've lived places more rural than this, and got most/all before now. Not normally an issue. I find I don't really miss itv3 or QVC all that much. The one time I actually want to watch channel 5 though

That sucks.

Yeah, as you say, not usually an issue. I don't think I've ever watched a second of Pick in my life.

I'm very interested in the pitch tonight. The normal green one will mean the convicts are confident and going to attack (not just the match but the series). A flat track and they don't have the belief.

Don't believe by the look of it.

Edit: Wicket aside, Broad hasn't impressed me so far. Pitch starting to lose its pace now it's got to the hour mark as well.

Edited by kaosmark2

Has me.

Need the new ball now.

Certainly has overall. First session his bowling wasn't great, but he was blistering in that second.

Annoying partnership as tourette says, but it kinda shows that it's actually a good batting track, so we should be able to make hay tomorrow.

Certainly has overall. First session his bowling wasn't great, but he was blistering in that second.

Annoying partnership as tourette says, but it kinda shows that it's actually a good batting track, so we should be able to make hay tomorrow.

We should build a big score and a decent lead. But we haven't batted well for quite some time now, and rarely do in the first innings of an overseas series.

If the bowlers can see off the convict tail without conceding more than 50 runs, they will have done their job. Will the batsmen do theirs...?

We should build a big score and a decent lead. But we haven't batted well for quite some time now, and rarely do in the first innings of an overseas series.

If the bowlers can see off the convict tail without conceding more than 50 runs, they will have done their job. Will the batsmen do theirs...?

I feel that our batsmen can't keep on failing like they have been, and the pitch doesn't look threatening, but that's been the case on a number of previous occasions, lots of times it's not good bowling getting us out.

Watched quite a lot of the cricket last night then caught up with the highlights today, Broad, after all the stuff in the Aussie media silenced his critics in the best way possible, despite what Bumble said on sky I didnt particulary think Tremlett bowled well but all in all a good day for England especially on a batting wicket like the Gabba.