Bands you'd like to see at V09!

Guest kibble

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive spent the last 11 years doing V fest and have to say i would enjoy a slightly different line up next year as it seems its getting a bit same old same....

If i could pick my own line-up for next year i would go for the following just revamp the image and try and introduce different bands or maybe promote deserved bands. Heres my line up.... positive and negative comments are welcome...

Main stage

Saturday

White stripes Or RATM

Massive Attack

Tenacious D

WolfMother (New line up, as origonal line up recently split)

The Enemy

Tokyo Police club

The Levellers

Gogol Bordello

Sunday

Robbie williams

kylie minogue

Jamiroquai

Tracy chapman

Duffy

Ray Lamontagne

Newton Faulkner

Sea sick Steve

Second stage

Saturday

Arcade fire

Hives

MGMT

Kids in Glass Houses

pendulum

Glasvegas

Taio cruz

The Kills

Band of horses

White Denim

Sunday

Maximo Park

Ryan adams and the Cardinals

We are scientist

The music

The subways

Jet

Pete and the Pirates

Santogold

Ipso Facto

Me first and the gimme gimmes

Edited by daveboyjones

I'd have no problems with the Prodigy headlining every year for me :P .

I think V might do a Glastonbury and I think you might get a "Jay Z" type of headliner next year. Got a feeling that Keane, Snow patrol or Coldplay could be there again.

I think that you will alwyas get a previous years headliner back, i.e Chillis, Radiohead, Groove Armada etc, but I wouldn't mind seeing

Avril Lavigne, Pendulum, Justice and the Who appear.

Great shout on Avril lavigne and The Who... they would defo fit in at V Fest.. I heard that V fest pay in the region of 5 million quid to the headliners.... surprised they havent been able to attract the likes of U2, The Rolling Stones for that amount of cash....!!

in an ideal world:

beastie boys (never seen them but would love to!)

basement jaxx (amazing live)

oasis??...

phonics(always brill)

groove amarda

dizzee rascal

eminem

rolling stones(eff knows why!!)

goldie lookin chain(safe as f*ck man)

but to be totally honest i couldn't really give a shit who plays cos i will alwys enjoy myself regardless :P:P

All time dream addittion would be U2, but very unlikely. Like has been said though they pay a lot of money. I could see the Stones doing it with the right amount of cash, especially cos they did Isle Of Wight. Springsteen,, Chuck Berry or The Who would also be awesome.

More realistically though I'd be happy enough with any of the following:: REM, White Stripes, Green Day, Coldplay, Weller, Nickelback, Ash, Franz Ferdinand, Feeder, Wombats, The Enemy, Kasabian, Keane, Killers, Snow Patrol, etc.

Looking forward to when the more solid rumours come about later in the year :P

Your probably right but when creating a realistic (within budget) , typical v festival line up thats what you would expect from V-Fest. not U2 headling the JJB or led zep opening the sessions stage... v festival like promoting proven acts who guarantee ticket sales...im just trying to list a few bands that typical v fans would watch without repeating the same bands from the past few years.... also adding a few new up and coming bands (popular and cheap) other than something that T4 on the beach would promote.... id rather watch robbie williams and jamiroquia than bands like girls aloud, sugarbabes, appleton, one republic, mcfly, allsaints, sophie-ellis-bextor.... at least robbie would get the crowd rocking.... but V-Fest will continue to feed us that shit.... whos next? The saturdays??? NKTOB, Justin timberlake, sandi thom, Rihanna, scooter...

My reall ideal sunday main stage would be

Nickelback or The Who

Richard ashcroft

Portishead

Moby

Travis

Cold war kids

Rodrigo y Gabriela

CSS

but V wouldnt allow great music / bands over both days.... so going back to my origional line up i think ive be generous to all types of fans regardless of their bad taste....

Edited by daveboyjones

Nickleback ! ;)

Are you taking the f*****G P**S !

:)

Whilst I somtimes question the professional ability of the bloke / woman that books the acts at V.

Even they would be not that stupid !

Would They !!!!!

:(

Im hoping for coldplay and oasis next year, as im off to leeds instead were im hoping for Green Day and the Acrtic Monkeys as well as a few others.