Films

Guest razz1e

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watched "A Room for Romeo Brass" after it being heartily recommended to me and was left thinking..... ;)

Can someone explain if I missed something amazing or groundbreaking about it. It was ok, Paddy Considine was pretty good, I get the story....but just left a bit like...So what?

Went to a preview of Star Trek last night and it far exceeded expectations.

I'm anything but a fanboy, having only caught the odd episode and 2 or 3 films from the 70s/80s, so am not really in a position to compare to what was there already.

As a standalone film itself, or as it were, the restart of the franchise, I thought it was really good.

Probable spoliers below:

I thought the scenes involving the young Kirk and Spock near the start of the film were verging on spelling Tranformers style disaster for the film, but they got away with it.

The effects were great, although I think this was helped by only chucking in a couple of monsters briefly, and the rest was effectively spaceships and black holes.

Loads of memorable scenes throughout (the parachute landings onto the drill platform especially were great). The casting was excellent (Uhura :lol: ), and there was plenty of banter in the script that worked well.

Also - is there any possible way that Pike could be Kirks dad? Unlikely, but a Trekkie might be able to throw some light on this.

Went to a preview of Star Trek last night and it far exceeded expectations.

I'm anything but a fanboy, having only caught the odd episode and 2 or 3 films from the 70s/80s, so am not really in a position to compare to what was there already.

As a standalone film itself, or as it were, the restart of the franchise, I thought it was really good.

Probable spoliers below:

I thought the scenes involving the young Kirk and Spock near the start of the film were verging on spelling Tranformers style disaster for the film, but they got away with it.

The effects were great, although I think this was helped by only chucking in a couple of monsters briefly, and the rest was effectively spaceships and black holes.

Loads of memorable scenes throughout (the parachute landings onto the drill platform especially were great). The casting was excellent (Uhura :lol: ), and there was plenty of banter in the script that worked well.

Also - is there any possible way that Pike could be Kirks dad? Unlikely, but a Trekkie might be able to throw some light on this.

I look forward to the next installment.

A proper 'cinema' film for me, a top popcorn movie. :D