Films

Guest razz1e

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I take it everyone on here has watched The Boat That Rocked. If not then you really should go out and get it. And if you have, How amazing is it?! I had a lovely afternoon on Thursday after finishing school early, watching the boat that rocked and pigging out on chocolate and crisps!

It's just such a feel good, easy movie!

we have discussed this here before, and I stand by my original opinion. utter gash apart from the last 20 minutes. and the last 20 can be viewed completely out of context and still have the same impact - i proved that on a friend. that is quite a damning indictment on a movie.

I rewatched Strange Days last night, forgotten what a good film that is, even if the ending isn't as good as the rest of the film.

Also watched Defiance, a decent enough war film I guess. Left underwhelmed by the Russian accents though. Don't know why films have to do that ; bits in English with bad Russian accents, and bits in Russian.

Good to see Jamie Bell do something halfway decent though. I think he might have the makings of a good actor.

Fell asleep halfway through Body of Lies, mind. Not a reflection of the film, I was quite enjoying it, just dog tired.

Surprised to see that two people liked the Boat that Rocked.

Edited by sifimaster

The film was a lot more complimentary than the book. The book slaughtered him a fair bit. For example, made out he was a big boozer when at the time he wasn't, things like that.

I thought the guy who played him was very very good mind. Same guy who played Frost in Frost/Nixon, and did a great job on Kenneth Williams a few years back in a BBC documentary they did.

Interesting. Although, if I was watching a movie and thought it was 'utter gash', I would never have reached the last 20 minutes to come to that conclusion. I would have just switched it off/walked out of the movies. I don't understand how watching the last 20 minutes of any movie could 'have the same impact' if all parameters were the same. Sitting down with a bowl of popcorn and a bottle of wine, dimming the lights, turning up the sound to watch an advised final 20 minutes of a movie would be rubbish, in my opinion.

I quite enjoyed it.

Interesting experiment. I just thought it was balls.

Watched Outpost and Dead Snow. Outpost is not a nazi zombie movie contrary to what I was told on here, it's a nazi ghost movie. It was also balls. Dead Snow was fun, but I won't be watching it again unless I come across a valid reason to do so.

Edited by Rufus Gwertigan

I dunno man, its not exactly The Shining like ... but it was a bit of a ride for me.

Y'know, like hammering around a race track in a Ferrari is refined, exhilarating and every yard is memorable - but sometimes, a ride on the bumper cars with someone who's on your wavelength can be good fun, if a little short.

Man, this Chianti is nice! :lol:

I love Jim Carrey, but Yes Man is shite. Probably because they miss the entire point of the excellent book it's based on, and completely ruined it as a result.

And except the very start, simply having 'based on the book' in the credits was an insult because it's about as far away as you can get from it.

I love Jim Carrey, but Yes Man is shite. Probably because they miss the entire point of the excellent book it's based on, and completely ruined it as a result.

And except the very start, simply having 'based on the book' in the credits was an insult because it's about as far away as you can get from it.

I watched the Conversation for the first time ever last night. Amazing.

This leads me to believe that John Cazale was never in a bad film. In fact every film he was in was brilliant.

Can't think of anyone else who was never in a bad film. Anyone?