Films

Guest razz1e

Martyrs:

My 17 year old daughter has just watched this. I found it a brutal and violent film, yet deeply thoughtful. Katrina watched this on her own volition, and without my knowledge, but I had told her about the violence etc. She found that passe to say the least. But, and this is great, she asked me about the end. She asked

has the woman killed herself because she wans to go to "heaven" or because Anna has said there is no "heaven". All the old folk are there at the end, so they are wanting some form of afterlife.

I love this film on so many levels. I hate the violence , and its cold depiction, at the start, but the latr nits are not graphic. My daughter is asking me questions about transendencesey stuff (sp?)

An awesome film, and thanks for the recommendation, from me, Katie and Jon :huh:

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched No Country For Old Men last night. My second viewing, having not seen it since it was first released, and enjoyed it a whole lot more.

It had be completely gripped until the last 20 minutes, when I became frustrated at the ending, like a great many people it would seem. Still, a corker of a movie though.

I just started watching the beginning this morning. I thought I was going to hate it, I couldn't stop watching. It almost made me late for work this morning and I can't wait to see the rest of it!!
Edited by sifimaster

Well, so I watched the Godfather at the pictures last night. The Digital version looks very nice, the film is one of the best ever made, the casting is sublime and the story is high Shakespearen tradegy. Of course in some respects, it's like seeing old friends on the screen now, such is the strength of attachment one feels to Tessio, or Clemenza, or the buffo Fredo. And having watched it so many damn times, the sense of foreboding is immense, almost palpatable. And y'know what - the digital print made me realise the significance of the

oranges

I was thinking especially about you.

You know there are huge bits of it Italian, don't you? And some of it without subtitles?

It was the first film in ages that I remember going into and it started at 4.30 on the dot. No trailers, no adverts, no stupid Orange film producers, nothing. Just the classification - a 15 - and away it went. Bonaserra, Bonaserra ...

I'm watching part two at home tonight. I intend to watch Three on Wednesday.

I told one of the ladies that I work with that I watched in yesterday. She said she'd never seen it. I said to remind me to never listen to her comments on popular culture again until she did. Must remember that I can get away with saying things like that on here, but not to my boss.

Heya Guys,

Today in Media I watched an extract from the two following films: The Eye and One Hour Photo. Both look really good and I am planning to watch either of the two tonight, probably after dinner. I just want to know from anyone who has watched these 2 films, what are they like and how do they differ from eachother? Should I even bother watching them?

Cheers,

BlackHole2006