Films

Guest razz1e

Watched that in HD and thought it was terrible. I rewound it and found the whole scene to be a f**king joke. He was about 20 metres away from it and it did nowt to him. The plane was huge and then tiny as it came in. The wing just crumbled into nothing. And it took him a five minute jog from the point of contact to the carnage. Horrible graphics throughout.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's another collapse of technological society. It's based upon the old proverb of the one eyed man becoming king in the valley of the blind. It's given a twenty first century make over and is very good. I think it uses the right metaphors in the right places.
Edited by sifimaster

Found out some stuff relating to character acting too Sifi. Character acting is just a massive definition as it refers, quite literally, to acting out characters or charactaristics. For example, you can have a character actor who has formed one character and applies it to many different roles. This can be dynamic or rigid. Dynamic in that the characteristics can be applied to a whole host of characters (i.e. Jackson or Clooney). Rigid in that the character can be applied to a whole host of plots (i.e. Wayne).

For me, Depp is the best due to both his rigidity of character and diversity of characteristics.

Found out some stuff relating to character acting too Sifi. Character acting is just a massive definition as it refers, quite literally, to acting out characters or charactaristics. For example, you can have a character actor who has formed one character and applies it to many different roles. This can be dynamic or rigid. Dynamic in that the characteristics can be applied to a whole host of characters (i.e. Jackson or Clooney). Rigid in that the character can be applied to a whole host of plots (i.e. Wayne).

For me, Depp is the best due to both his rigidity of character and diversity of characteristics.

That's one of the definitions that I came across too, and was probably the one I was happiest with. I think I referred to Joe Pesci in an earlier post on the subject, he would kinda fit into the first definition.
Edited by worm

Just watched 'Damage',the new Steve Austin movie.Not bad if you watch it for what it is and don't expect it to be a huge emotionally challenging or riviting film.

Laura Vandervoort is in it also :lol: ...

...think i need to 'get lucky' as that's twice in 2/3 days i've put ' ;) ' in here while talking about films ;)

Just watched 'Damage',the new Steve Austin movie.Not bad if you watch it for what it is and don't expect it to be a huge emotionally challenging or riviting film.

Laura Vandervoort is in it also ;) ...

...think i need to 'get lucky' as that's twice in 2/3 days i've put ' ;) ' in here while talking about films :lol:

I finally watched A Mighty Wind last night. Don't know why it has taken me so long. There was some very amusing bits in it, laugh out loud moments ... "there's a puppy in the parlor and a skillet on the stove, and a smelly old blanket that a Navajo wove"

I've been watching the Star Wars prequels for the first time in a while. I forgot how appalling Episode 1 is (except the Darth Maul fight) and how great Episode 3 is.

First time the wife has seen them too.