Films

Guest razz1e

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw Up in 3d at Glastonbury, and went to see it again yesterday in 2d. Don't think it loses anything at all. Its still a stunning film, amazing animation and attention to detail, but the story is the thing, so you dont need fancy 3d for that. In fact, if anything, i probably noticed some of that detail more this time cos I wasn't focused on the 3d aspect. And I didn't have a headache and eye-ache this time.

Started to watch 9 over the weekend which is a strange Tim Burton film, couldn't watch it all as the dvd messed up but yeah, bizarre to say the least.

Watched Public Enemies which was brilliant I thought. And also watched City Rats which was strange, depressing, but ok for a Sunday afternoon when not feeling very well.

I'd like to ask the women on here a question if I may

Chick flicks. Why?

Do you watch them? Enjoy them? What is it you like about them? This is an arguement I regularly have with 2 housemates when it comes to choosing a dvd or movie on sky. Now I know I'm not the target audience, but who the hell is? I dont mind the odd "dumb" film every now and then. The occasional blockbuster or star vehicle can be a bit of harmless fun, if it also has somethign else going for it(like being at least a bit good) But chick flicks are generally just awful, awful things. Couple fo good examples that my housemates have rented recently are "He's just not that into you"and "Confesions of a shopaholic". Didn't see the first one but it sounds terrible but, as my housemate said "its got loads of famous people in it" SO! I did catch the last half hour of the 2nd film and jesus it was bad. Really really bad. It had nothing good going for it. At all. Even the better actors in it couldn't be arsed, as is usually the case with these films.

So what is it with chick flicks? Do the women who enjoy them actually feel like these films are made for them, that they speak to them. I really hope not. And when they are being made is it a case of 'well we've ended up with a shit film. I know, lets call it a chick flick, that'll at least get some people in to watch it' or do they actually set out to make this rubbish using some kind of chick flick 'formula'.

My 2 housemates are intelligent young women, (well one of them is a little dumb, but a lovely girl) but they stil buy this crap. Why?

I'd like to ask the women on here a question if I may

Chick flicks. Why?

Do you watch them? Enjoy them? What is it you like about them? This is an arguement I regularly have with 2 housemates when it comes to choosing a dvd or movie on sky. Now I know I'm not the target audience, but who the hell is? I dont mind the odd "dumb" film every now and then. The occasional blockbuster or star vehicle can be a bit of harmless fun, if it also has somethign else going for it(like being at least a bit good) But chick flicks are generally just awful, awful things. Couple fo good examples that my housemates have rented recently are "He's just not that into you"and "Confesions of a shopaholic". Didn't see the first one but it sounds terrible but, as my housemate said "its got loads of famous people in it" SO! I did catch the last half hour of the 2nd film and jesus it was bad. Really really bad. It had nothing good going for it. At all. Even the better actors in it couldn't be arsed, as is usually the case with these films.

So what is it with chick flicks? Do the women who enjoy them actually feel like these films are made for them, that they speak to them. I really hope not. And when they are being made is it a case of 'well we've ended up with a shit film. I know, lets call it a chick flick, that'll at least get some people in to watch it' or do they actually set out to make this rubbish using some kind of chick flick 'formula'.

My 2 housemates are intelligent young women, (well one of them is a little dumb, but a lovely girl) but they stil buy this crap. Why?

I have a card to get a free person into most cinemas now, so they can explain what's going on......

However I don't fancy going to see any Horror film and my wife telling me somebody has just had their throat cut and the perpetrator is drinking their blood.

So I wont be going any more..... ;)