Films

Guest razz1e

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I waited from Biffy Clyro to see them. just at the back of the barrier for that separated front bit. I watched The Feeling, The Kooks and The Frattellis straight to make sure i was at the front. I was surprised that my ears hadn't melted by the time Rage arrived.

If you didn't see them at Leeds trust me, they were better at T. They didn't play Wake Up at Leeds. They did play Down Rodeo though, which is one of their best songs imo. :)

...guess the problem with tall people ignoring, is that generally they're taller than everyone so they worry that if they let a couple in, suddenly they're letting everyone in and end up right at the back.

I'm only about 5ft 8" so fall into the okay view, but not great majority of times.

To be honest, tall people aren't the problem though, especially when they've got their early...it's tall people with afros/perms/80s rocker hair that's the problem, and especially when they push through.

Far too often, I get a great spot before a gig and then a tall guy with the biggest hair possible pushes through with his mates and ends up couple rows ahead right in front of me. :)

..that and the girl who thinks she's beth gibbons so sings the most horrific out of tune harmony accompaniment to "roads"; my favourite portishead song....that song affects me, it does.

...anyways movies; can't remember last update so sorry if repeats, but recently watched

public enemies (good, not great, just good 7.5/10)

star trek (v. good 8/10)

zombieland (ace fun 8/10)

transformers 2 (bay-splosions, 5/10)

and got "up", "moon", "coraline", "Battlestar Galactica - The plan", "wolverine", "adventureland", "the tournament", "brothers bloom", "assasination of jesse james" and harry potter (3-6) all to watch.

i watched The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus last night. very odd film - didnt understand it at all but i still enjoyed it strangly. its clever how they worked round the death of heath ledger and how they bought in the other actors.

i tried to explain to my mum what the film was about but i didnt even know where to begin.

they did...i just meant it was clever how they worked the other actors into it

Watched Paranormal Activity last night. Current #1 movie in the US.

My over-active imagination finds itself working at 100mph at the best of times but I freely and fully admit to finding it disturbing in places.

Whatever about the Blair Witch comparisons - people will always find strange goings-on in the own home while they are asleep quite a scary prospect.

Theres one bit in particular that really is SO skillfully done for such a tiny budget. Brilliant and not at all surprising that there have been walkouts from cinemas in the States from people unable to continue watching it.

The vibe from it reminds me of Ghostwatch from the BBC from years back.

8.5/10

I saw a trailer for 2012 on telly the other night. Looks totally preposterous, a typical OTT end-of-the-world film, poor John Cusack has sold his soul for a quick buck, completely ridiculous special effects, plenty of explosions, no doubt there'll be a stupid romantic sub-plot and any annoying kids miraculously survive but the cannon-fodder double-hard marines will all be slaughtered, and it'll no doubt capture the imagination of the most empty headed, easily pleased movie-goer.

Looks f**king GREAT. :D:D

I saw a trailer for 2012 on telly the other night. Looks totally preposterous, a typical OTT end-of-the-world film, poor John Cusack has sold his soul for a quick buck, completely ridiculous special effects, plenty of explosions, no doubt there'll be a stupid romantic sub-plot and any annoying kids miraculously survive but the cannon-fodder double-hard marines will all be slaughtered, and it'll no doubt capture the imagination of the most empty headed, easily pleased movie-goer.

Looks f**king GREAT. :D:D

Watched Paranormal Activity last night. Current #1 movie in the US.

My over-active imagination finds itself working at 100mph at the best of times but I freely and fully admit to finding it disturbing in places.

Whatever about the Blair Witch comparisons - people will always find strange goings-on in the own home while they are asleep quite a scary prospect.

Theres one bit in particular that really is SO skillfully done for such a tiny budget. Brilliant and not at all surprising that there have been walkouts from cinemas in the States from people unable to continue watching it.

The vibe from it reminds me of Ghostwatch from the BBC from years back.

8.5/10

Looks f**king GREAT. :):P