Films

Guest razz1e

Watched Paranormal Activity last night. Current #1 movie in the US.

My over-active imagination finds itself working at 100mph at the best of times but I freely and fully admit to finding it disturbing in places.

Whatever about the Blair Witch comparisons - people will always find strange goings-on in the own home while they are asleep quite a scary prospect.

Theres one bit in particular that really is SO skillfully done for such a tiny budget. Brilliant and not at all surprising that there have been walkouts from cinemas in the States from people unable to continue watching it.

The vibe from it reminds me of Ghostwatch from the BBC from years back.

8.5/10

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched District 13, and District 13 Ultimatum. The Free-running stuff in it is unbelievable, and the first one has got Besson all over it. I don't know what involvement he had in the second one, but it's nowhere as good and by the end it gets downright silly.

I love Luc Besson.

Right so I watched The Godfather for the first time this week.

I found it kind of predictable in a strange way (although the horse's head took my by surprise) It may be because it gets parrodied in soooooo many films that I've essentially seen the Godfather in dozens of other films.

I'll move onto Part Two over the weekend which in a way I have more hope for

Also

I watched High School Musical 3 on Sky last saturday. Whilst I hate the f**king music and the fact that Zac Efron is bedding Vannessa Hudgens, i kinda understand why its a successful franchise. Might move onto the next two movies soon :lol:

Edited by Alcatraz

Marley and me is a really shit film. Not one I would have chosen myself (in may have said this before but i need to get my housemate banned from the dvd shop. she has shit taste in films) but it was on and I had nowt better to do so I thought I'd give it a chance. Should've known better.

Some other military team came into the bunker (probably the ones who were called in earlier by the science dude), when they came up against the silhouetted nazis in the woods. It basically hinted that they were going to face the same demise as the (poorly stereotyped) mercenaries. Bollocks.

Just watching Paranormal Activity. This is exactly the sort of film I shouldn't be watching before trying to sleep. It's already getting me paranoid and shit's not really kicked off yet. :P

I'm such a f*cking pansy :P

Edited by Lithium05

Just watching Paranormal Activity. This is exactly the sort of film I shouldn't be watching before trying to sleep. It's already getting me paranoid and shit's not really kicked off yet. :P

I'm such a f*cking pansy :P