Films

Guest razz1e

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I watched Paranormal Activity last night ... shit me right up.

I thought it was an excellent movie - my suspensometer was permanantly off the chart throughout and one of the best suspense/horror movies I've seen since The Shining.

People who are spooked by 'Most Haunted' would have a heart attack watching this!

Almost forgot, the lovely Nightcrawler13 and another friend paid for me to go and see the Michael Jackson film, This Is It on Friday. It's not something I would have chosen to watch personally but I loved it. The footage shows he was still a man with amazing talent and whatever else you think about him as a person you can't deny his show, had he ever got the chance to go ahead with it, would have been one of the most ultimate ever.

There was a very annoying couple behind us who I had to tell to shut up half way through the film (they ignored me mostly but did quiet down a bit after I yelled) but despite them I was mesmerised by the whole thing.

It's not a film exactly, just clips from his rehearsals and a few very short interviews with dancers and such like.

If you like his music in any way, watch it. If you were a fan of him and his music, DEFINATELY watch it.

i watched 3 films last night.

sweeney todd - i can see why people seem to have alot of love for this film but i really couldn't stand it, by the end i had to leave as the terrible singing started to irritate me.

no country for old men - best film ive watched in ages, i hadn't heard of it until last night! had me gripped until the wierd ending. highly recommended.

goodfellas - doesn't need a quick review, nearly 20 years since its release its still one of the best films around.

Edited by rhysieg

Away to head offline to watch Paranormal Activity.

Also got my hands on a film called The White Ribbon http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1149362/

2012 out soon, To be honest I think it will be a decent popcorn flick at best. Have seen a couple of crtic reviews so far and it's pretty poor, Will probably go and see it anyway.

Saw the remake of The Last House on the Left last night, which surprised me in that I thought it was superior to the original 70s exploitation flick (not that that was particularly good), bucking the trend of recent horror remakes....

...until...

the last minute of the film which is so bad, it has to be seen to be believed.