Films

Guest razz1e

Saw the remake of The Last House on the Left last night, which surprised me in that I thought it was superior to the original 70s exploitation flick (not that that was particularly good), bucking the trend of recent horror remakes....

...until...

the last minute of the film which is so bad, it has to be seen to be believed.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally watched Valkyrie.

Absolute shit. I wish I hadn't have bothered. Tom Cruise playing Tom Cruise in a Tom Cruise film starring Tom Cruise. Can't say I was too surprised. But by god, that film SUCKS.

The visuals are stunning. Mostly. But weirdly despite it being one of the oldest effects going, the green screen stuff still looks shit. There's one scene with John Cusack running to get on the plane (i think, it all kinda merges in to one big explosive mess. And i only saw it last night.) which looks awful. Would've looked shit 20 years ago.

Dialogue and story are rubbish too, but you all knew that already. And its far too long.

Went to the cinema to see Saw 6 last week, enjoyable but it lost it's edge about 3 films ago but at least some loose ends were tied up.

Watched Public Enemies tonight, excellent film, perhaps a bit too long but I always wonder how this chap Stephan Graham, seems to pop up in most films I watch.

Anyway, Public enemies was good but I much prefer The Untouchables.

The visuals are stunning. Mostly. But weirdly despite it being one of the oldest effects going, the green screen stuff still looks shit. There's one scene with John Cusack running to get on the plane (i think, it all kinda merges in to one big explosive mess. And i only saw it last night.) which looks awful. Would've looked shit 20 years ago.

Dialogue and story are rubbish too, but you all knew that already. And its far too long.

I strongly disagree. One of the best horror films I've ever seen. It utilized the lost art of suspence perfectly and didn't rely on cliche'd and over used "boo-scares" to frighten the audience. Quality film.

I saw "Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street". Jonny Depp has a fantastic singing voice and should do more musical, but Helena Bonham Carter can never do anything wrong in my book :P

Also saw "Twilight" and I did actually enjoy it.

Went to see 2012, left my brain outside and thought it was great. Once I put my brain back in (i.e. sobered up) I realsied it could be better :P

Twilight - surprisingly good, though the girl is constantly on the verge of having an orgasm throughout

Last House On The Left - best horror movie ive seen in ages, at every point i assumed i knew what was going to happen, it surprised me. Thanx for the reccomendation :P (and yes, that last scene is ridiculous, but great)

Finally saw Die Hard 4.0 last night.

GREAT fun. Awesome utterly implausible, budget-blowing effects that even a sodding pigeon on the motorway couldn't survive, but I loved it. :P:P