Films

Guest razz1e

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't say they're an insult to cinema, just anyone who loved the originals.
Edited by Langdale Wolf

The Star Wars prequels are the most mercilessly panned films in cinema history, mainly because it upset nerds across the globe for not being exactly what they wanted. And boy are they hard to please.

In reality, they are 3 'okay' films. They look good, have some pretty piss poor acting and an average plot.

I like them, because they've got light sabers, Yoda, and Samuel L Jackson as a Jedi.

But they're not the abysmal insult to cinema some make them out to be. But try telling that to them without them coming across like that bloke from the youtube clip who hates Modern Warfare 2......

The Star Wars prequels are the most mercilessly panned films in cinema history, mainly because it upset nerds across the globe for not being exactly what they wanted. And boy are they hard to please.

In reality, they are 3 'okay' films. They look good, have some pretty piss poor acting and an average plot.

I like them, because they've got light sabers, Yoda, and Samuel L Jackson as a Jedi.

But they're not the abysmal insult to cinema some make them out to be. But try telling that to them without them coming across like that bloke from the youtube clip who hates Modern Warfare 2......

Edited by Purple Monkey

I think it was down to the fact that the originals were just more fun and simple tales of adventure, which were paced well and felt like they naturally unfolded cohesively over the three chapters, with likable characters and superb villains. The prequels were the exact opposite in every way. That's as simple as I can put it.

I can watch the new films, some ideas they have are actually brilliant, which only dissapoints me when I can't feel any empathy or emotion towards the souless creations on the screen acting it all out. The original puppet Yoda by Frank Oz is still stunning to watch, can't say the same for the new CGI version.

I'll try a Star Wars drinking game. Every time your childhood gets raped take a drink. You'll be smashed before Jar Jar shows up.

I think it was down to the fact that the originals were just more fun and simple tales of adventure, which were paced well and felt like they naturally unfolded cohesively over the three chapters, with likable characters and superb villains. The prequels were the exact opposite in every way. That's as simple as I can put it.

I can watch the new films, some ideas they have are actually brilliant, which only dissapoints me when I can't feel any empathy or emotion towards the souless creations on the screen acting it all out. The original puppet Yoda by Frank Oz is still stunning to watch, can't say the same for the new CGI version.

Lets try a Star Wars drinking game; every time your childhood gets raped take a drink. Considerring Jar Jar shows up pretty early, I won't last long.

I often wonder if I was a child now, what I'd think about the new ones. I'm judging them by adult eyes. I guess you'd have to find an adult who hadn't seen Star Wars IV - VI to make a judgement.

Katster? She's not seen the Godfather. Maybe she's not seen Star Wars IV - VI either?

Lets try a Star Wars drinking game; every time your childhood gets raped take a drink. Considerring Jar Jar shows up pretty early, I won't last long.

saw 2012 last night - quite cheesy but i really enjoyed it! very stressful film to watch though :P