Films

Guest razz1e

Er , so , what is the point of this utterly pointless ( sic ) thread ?

I may as well just start reading newspapers again.

What's the f**king point ?

This is depressing.

Can anyone actually hone their criticall sensibilities ?

Oh , sorry of course not , this is the internet , why would I think any fecker has got anything to say.

Just spew it all out .

By the way , Carry on cockf**kinsucker is a good film.

yeah , you , you, you, an' you.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not what I meant, I didn't mean it needed to be more flashy.

When he first realises there's another him there, why isn't he like 'OH MY f**k, WHO ARE YOU, YOU'RE ME, WHAT'S GOING ON?!?!' He just watches him running on the treadmill?! And says casually, 'Hi, who are you? You look like me?'

The computer thing pissed me off too, at first he was all authorative telling him he couldn't go outside, then he was erasing his memory for him in order to protect him. That bit I found daft.

It was good for a film with one person in it, I did like and appreciate that aspect of it.

the fact there is only one person in the movie isnt a spoiler, its just a fact from the begining. he is by himself on a space station (unless you count the robot)

Before watching the film I had no idea it was one man by himself in space. You're also forgetting his daughter and his wife.

2012 isn't in any way "good", however it is total entertainment. But then, any movie containing the destruction of areas of the USA is always going to be good isn't it.

I did laugh at the notice of nutrinos "mutating", which is indicative of the level of the science involved.

Yeah, I know what you mean.

The other version was done for film festivals and ended with

Katie going downstairs, screaming, Micah rushes down to help, you hear a struggle, Katie comes back upstairs covered in blood, holding a knife and sits by the bed rocking backwards and forwards for 2 straight days, during which time her friend from earlier in the film calls, comes round, finds Micah downstairs, calls the cops who come into the house, 2 of them come up stairs, Katie snaps out of her catatonic state, thinks it's Micah goes to the doorway still holding the knife and gets shot dead by the cops

That version was also slower paced and as such didn't seem to be pandering to casual audience reaction as the theatrical release did. For example the photo frame bit wasn't in that version.

I went to see the cinematic version last week with some friends who had the experience ruined by the f*cktards who frequent the cinema in Staines - talking all the way through, laughing when it wasn't appropriate, and at one point mimicking the stereotype of the "black american cinema goer" with loud "don't do that"'s and "oh my god"'s.

It made me re-think my view that the cinema is "the way it should be" :P

Yeah, I know what you mean.

The other version was done for film festivals and ended with

Katie going downstairs, screaming, Micah rushes down to help, you hear a struggle, Katie comes back upstairs covered in blood, holding a knife and sits by the bed rocking backwards and forwards for 2 straight days, during which time her friend from earlier in the film calls, comes round, finds Micah downstairs, calls the cops who come into the house, 2 of them come up stairs, Katie snaps out of her catatonic state, thinks it's Micah goes to the doorway still holding the knife and gets shot dead by the cops

That version was also slower paced and as such didn't seem to be pandering to casual audience reaction as the theatrical release did. For example the photo frame bit wasn't in that version.