Films

Guest razz1e

Apologies for being years behind everyone else but I've just watched The Hangover for the first time.

Pretty good, but not as funny as I thought it was going to be. Bit of a poor man's Bachelor Party IMHO. Drugging the tiger was surely a tribute to the donkey from Bachelor Party.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apologies for being years behind everyone else but I've just watched The Hangover for the first time.

Pretty good, but not as funny as I thought it was going to be. Bit of a poor man's Bachelor Party IMHO. Drugging the tiger was surely a tribute to the donkey from Bachelor Party.

It is very pretty, even in 2D (nearest 3d cinema is a 13 hour round trip), but just so dull. Stop making 3 hour long films just so you can call it an epic. One thing I did like about it, later on, you (well, me) stop thinking about them as freaky 10 ft tall blue aliens but just start thinking of them as their characters. If that makes sense. Not the most fleshed out, in depth characters ever made of course but they no longer seem weird and you aren't thinking as much about their appearance
Edited by 5co77ie

Guest musiclove123

Anybody seen 500 days of summer? sorry if this has already been mentioned. It has could I please be directed to the right page number to find the discussion?

I LOVED this film-I felt myself crying towards the end. I could replate to so many parts of it when it comes to relationships starting ending-and all the emotions

I completely disagree i think you need 2.5 hours to submerge yourself in the wonderful world

and realise they are Gaia theory to the nth degree

. In proper (as in 'Real IMAX 3D' - the other cinema here has normal 3D and it's woeful) 3D it rates as the most beautiful film I have ever seen - as an animation it rates number one, as a film it's a wonderful escape, perhaps not the most in depth of plots but

anything where a whole planet rises to fight the corporate money men trying to destroy it

:P

Saw it myself last night, some real rip offs in there from other movies and it was WAY too cheesy for me, but the 3D experience is stunning ans well worth going to the cinema to see, even for the "save mother earth - the human spirit will shine through" cheese out that it was.

:P

Saw it myself last night, some real rip offs in there from other movies and it was WAY too cheesy for me, but the 3D experience is stunning ans well worth going to the cinema to see, even for the "save mother earth - the human spirit will shine through" cheese out that it was.