Films

Guest razz1e

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Orphanage - ace film.

Strangely not scary (I don't think it's even fair to put it in the horror bracket, it kinda does it an injustice, if you're desperate to pigeon hole films into categories then this film will probably be lost on you, what with it's genre ambiguity and all that), it's just somewhat un-nerving, and the last act is massively depressing and uplifting at the same time.

So yeah, I cried.

Edited by Purple Monkey

Strangely not scary (I don't think it's even fair to put it in the horror bracket, it kinda does it an injustice, if you're desperate to pigeon hole films into categories then this film will probably be lost on you, what with it's genre ambiguity and all that), it's just somewhat un-nerving, and the last act is massively depressing and uplifting at the same time.

So yeah, I cried.

So yeah, I cried.

finally saw Moon. f**k me what a great film. Sam Rockwell is outstanding (which is a good job really seeing as there is hardly any other c**t in it!)

and

"The Cove" which I found absolutley fascinating, it should be compulsory viewing in schools IMHO. Its obviously "pro dolphin propaganda" (which I kept mind of whilst watching) but the japanese fishing/whaling community really are horrible bastards. The fact that japanese schoolchildren were almost in a postition where they would be forced to eat dolphin meat for school lunch (which the film claims is poisoned with unacceptable levels of mercury) was very troubling. I feel gulity that I paid to swim with dolphins earlier this year.

SAME mate aw god i love them all even though i thought saw 5 was just utter gash (imo) even went to the 1st screening of it in hamilton well either that or high school musical ha. A combination of young kids and people going to see people getting tortured :P

Saw 7 in 3D is going to be epic :P u hear it probably going to be the last one aswell! :P btw not seen saw 6 yet any good? people being saying it actually pretty good?

That's what puts me off too - it's a beautifully written book. I watched the trailer and the wife seems to be in it a lot...I need to re-read the book but I don't think that fits if I remember rightly!

Anywho, seems like it was out in America in November and comes out here on Monday...Will keep an eye out if it's on locally.