Films

Guest razz1e

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does look a bit meaty for me at the Cinema, I have to say. I've not read that particular book, but have read others by him, like Child of God, and that was bleak and provoked fears of isolation, which I'm guessing the Road does too.

So it'll be a DVD thang when it happens for me :P

It held me, I just kept thinking - is this all we are getting? a story about a father - son relationship? where nothing much happens? "Life is beautiful" did a far better job of a father protecting his son.

After too much over exertion with sledging and snowball fighting, I took a grand rest on Sunday and finally got around to watching Sixth Sense. Managed to avoid knowing the 'twist' until a few weeks ago on a comedy show when some bloke blurted it out but reckon I would have figured it out anyway...just a little too obvious!

Also watched I Am Legend, very good until the not very good and annoying ending. Could have done with being at least 20 minutes longer. But as post apocalyptic futures go it was brilliant.

Oh and watched Transformers 2 on the smallest telly last week. Better than the first but totally bonkers, horrific script and cinematography and needed to watch it with subtitles cos they spoke way too fast in the loud bits. :P

Edited by LusciousLucy

After too much over exertion with sledging and snowball fighting, I took a grand rest on Sunday and finally got around to watching Sixth Sense. Managed to avoid knowing the 'twist' until a few weeks ago on a comedy show when some bloke blurted it out but reckon I would have figured it out anyway...just a little too obvious!

Also watched I Am Legend, very good until the not very good and annoying ending. Could have done with being at least 20 minutes longer. But as post apocalyptic futures go it was brilliant.

Oh and watched Transformers 2 on the smallest telly last week. Better than the first but totally bonkers, horrific script and cinematography and needed to watch it with subtitles cos they spoke way too fast in the loud bits. :P

Are there any films coming out this year that anyone is really looking forward to??

I saw the trailer for Ironman 2 last night on film 2010 and thought it looked pretty pants to be honest even though the cast looked pretty good. Suppose you cant judge a film by a 2 minute trailer but it seemed abit too OTT to me. I mean I havent read the comic books but a bad guy with electrical whips for arms!?!