Films

Guest razz1e

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I don't understand is the likes of Sony - who sell home cinema systems so you can watch movies in the comfort of your own home.

Then they wonder why everyone wants to watch their films at home instead of at the cinema. It's like someone yelling "stand up! now sit down! that's no good, do both at once!". It's retarded.

I won't condone piracy though. The whole "the world owes me this for free" attitude annoys the hell out of me, because that's one massive cause to the entire problem in itself, but the industry is certainly hypocritical. They want home cinema and the conventional cinema run their way, based on an out-dated/irrelevant model. Consumers want everything. Corporations want everything. This is where it all falls down, because of maths.

Half of piracy is the out-of-date industry model (the 3D fad for instance is a desperate attempt to preserve it), while half of it is consumer "me me me" culture.

The recession has f*ck all to do with it and I'm sick of it being the scapegoat for people, consumers and companies alike, being hypocritical c*nts who are rather unwilling to head for compromise, as their world is black and white and they haven't learned of such a concept.

The "me me me" consumers expect quality luxuries, for nothing, or next to nothing (and the whole moral-stance thing on being a pirate is actually laughable - you just want stuff you think you're entitled to, so you steal it, and kid yourself into thinking it has some basis in a moral cause, or it's totally shameless; either way you're not helping, at all) while corporations expect to make little investment (far too conservative/equally as greedy as the consumer) and look into changing laws because consumer habits are shifting. Both groups are making the world a shittier place with their selfish crap, with each act of rebellion against the other simply fanning the flames.

And this is not just a problem limiting the movie industry, you could apply this to our entire way of life.

Edited by Purple Monkey

What I don't understand is the likes of Sony - who sell home cinema systems so you can watch movies in the comfort of your own home.

Then they wonder why everyone wants to watch their films at home instead of at the cinema. It's like someone yelling "stand up! now sit down! that's no good, do both at once!". It's retarded.

I won't condone piracy though. The whole "the world owes me this for free" attitude annoys the hell out of me, because that's one massive cause to the entire problem in itself, but the industry is certainly hypocritical. They want home cinema and the conventional cinema run their way, based on an out-dated/irrelevant model. Consumers want everything. Corporations want everything. This is where it all falls down, because of maths.

Half of piracy is the out-of-date industry model (the 3D fad for instance is a desperate attempt to preserve it), while half of it is consumer "me me me" culture.

The recession has f*ck all to do with it and I'm sick of it being the scapegoat for people, consumers and companies alike, being hypocritical c*nts who are rather unwilling to head for compromise, as their world is black and white and they haven't learned of such a concept.

The "me me me" consumers expect quality luxuries, for nothing, or next to nothing (and the whole moral-stance thing on being a pirate is actually laughable - you just want stuff you think you're entitled to, so you steal it, and kid yourself into thinking it has some basis in a moral cause, or it's totally shameless; either way you're not helping, at all) while corporations expect to make little investment (far too conservative/equally as greedy as the consumer) and look into changing laws because consumer habits are shifting. Both groups are making the world a shittier place with their selfish crap, with each act of rebellion against the other simply fanning the flames.

And this is not just a problem limiting the movie industry, you could apply this to our entire way of life.

Men who stare at goats - did I miss something?

Fantastic Mr Fox - liked the way it was done, nice music, fell asleep though.

Happily Never After - shite, turned it off before the end.

Treasure Island - old one with Christian Bale as a teeny tiny boy in it. Great film but couldn't watch it all as it was getting late and I had to be up at 6.30am. I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of it soon.

I watched the newest star trek and dictrict 9 yesterday.

Star trek pleasently surprised me as I havent watched hardly any star trek stuff in the past. It was entertaining from start to finish, didnt seem too long and the main charracters performances were pretty good. Overall didn't blow me away but was a good watch if you wanna easily pass 2 hrs.

I was totally looking forward to District 9, id read all the reviews saying how good it was etc. Firstly it wasnt at all what i was expecting (maybe in my brain i was thinking it was going to be similar to avatar). Its definately not like any other "alien" film I had seen before.

The shaky, hand held camera work at the start does set the scene

I was totally looking forward to District 9, id read all the reviews saying how good it was etc. Firstly it wasnt at all what i was expecting (maybe in my brain i was thinking it was going to be similar to avatar). Its definately not like any other "alien" film I had seen before.

The shaky, hand held camera work at the start does set the scene

but i found it abit annoying as did the missus. I though the overall content was quite thought provoking as I could see the similarities between the slums/concentration camps etc. My missus didnt watch after half way through, her exact quote was, "this is a pile of poo" and left the room however I stuck with it and found it engrossing until the end which i though was abit weak as it left too many loose ends. oh and i thought the main charracter said "fook" far too much, it was funny at first but then got abit annoying later on.