Films

Guest razz1e

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pm'd, have you tried jdownloader yet modey? its ace - it checks the links, downloads and extracts, and within the main window you can delete the download and the unneeded rars with one click.

you are talking out of the top of your hat my friend - box office receipts have been consistently broken year on year since the year dot.

read back on purple monkeys post a coupla pages back under "shameless" I'm really not that bothered. I've spent the last 25 years paying for every single cd, dvd, vhs, bluray, cinema ticket. and I aint payin no more if I dont have to.

you are talking out of the top of your hat my friend - box office receipts have been consistently broken year on year since the year dot.

read back on purple monkeys post a coupla pages back under "shameless" I'm really not that bothered. I've spent the last 25 years paying for every single cd, dvd, vhs, bluray, cinema ticket. and I aint payin no more if I dont have to.

Unfortunately for you, I used to teach a module at University called 'British Cinema and Society' and had to read widely around the socio-economics of cinema. Cinema takings were at their low point in the 1980s and the experience had to be re-invented by multiplexes. In fact it has dipped in several different periods in history, each time usually followed by a gimmick to try and pull people back eg IMAX, 3-D.

Next time you say someone's 'talking out of their hat', look out - they may know more than you think and you may learn something new.

Edited by t8yman

well you might wanna just double check your figures my friend.

click here

according to that - 2003 and 2005 are the only two years in the last decade or so that didnt break box office records (and thats just using US figures if I'm not mistaken). whilst piracy has been around for donkeys- its only really exploded in the last decade. the business model needs bringing into the current century and it will thrive. my "since the year dot" line is obviously an exaggeration.

you are obviously better read than I on the subject - but I still maintain that the movie industry is "doing just fine thank you very much"

nae probs, jdownloader also accepts .dlc files, which are similar to nzbs (if you have ever used them) but for rapidshare - and may help with all the dead links, its another step in the fight against anti-piracy. Ive seen a few people using dlcs instead of posting full links that get taken down dead quickly on big releases.