Films

Guest razz1e

Compare the figures and the rantings of the film industry about piracy, they just don't match do they.

I maintain that the trend is far more dependent on the quality of the product.

Personally here is my main reason for buying very few DVDs.

I buy the film when it first becomes available, a few months later there is a directors cut and then a few months later there is a special edition with extra bonus material, and then eventually there is a final cut with even more deleted scences, alternative endings etc..............not forgetting that I will then have to buy it again if I want to see the film in HD and full magic f**king faerie dust,

It's a f**king ripoff, release the films in full etc once and once only :P:P

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Compare the figures and the rantings of the film industry about piracy, they just don't match do they.

I maintain that the trend is far more dependent on the quality of the product.

Personally here is my main reason for buying very few DVDs.

I buy the film when it first becomes available, a few months later there is a directors cut and then a few months later there is a special edition with extra bonus material, and then eventually there is a final cut with even more deleted scences, alternative endings etc..............not forgetting that I will then have to buy it again if I want to see the film in HD and full magic f**king faerie dust,

It's a f**king ripoff, release the films in full etc once and once only :P:P

No-one has to upgrade from DVD to Blu-Ray. At least, not yet. Also a lot of new released (eg 'Up' next month) are coming out in a version that is DVD one side, Blu-Ray another and also contains a digital file that cam be played on iPods etc.

I didn't even realise this at first, until a mate told me his DVD player had conked out and he saw a bluray player for £75 and just replaced it. I don't see what the problem is really - £75 quid for a Philips (?) replacement DVD player that also plays Blu-rays. Bargain. I'm keeping my DVD collection and will be getting blurays mostly from now on.