Films

Guest razz1e

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it comes down to how open to the concept you are in terms of your personal beliefs and fears. Of the people I saw it with 4/5 were really drawn in by the film and didn't sleep much after seeing it, the other thought it was shit and didn't lose sleep because he doesn't believe in that kind of thing*.

This film really does split opinion, I haven't seen any reviews under 4 out of 5, yet a lot of people didn't like it.

*don't want to sound like some kind of mental Most Haunted viewer, that programe and all like it are bullshit, doesn't mean you should write off the concept altogether though.

"Scary" films just dont seem to scare me. I don't know what it is. Other film genres work for me. I laugh at comedies, I'm can be thrilled by, well, thrillers. Your more emotional films can tug at my heart strings etc etc. But I'm still waiting for the scary film which works for me. Thought this might be it. Sounded interesting. But no, nothing. I just thought, quick spray of WD40 will sort out that squeeky door for you.

I'm not scared by horror films like that either. The only horror films that seem to scare me are science fiction type horrors (I think that's how they are classed?), with aliens and/or widespread disease or infection, that type of stuff. The Descent scared me lots.

I'm a complete sissy with horror movies :P ....from when I was 3 and would hide behind the sofa for diesel from thomas the tank engine, to now at 26. Don't get scared after the film or nightmares or anything but just leave the seat at any jump bit and still do the whole half-gaze around the room at any suspenseful bit, whilst flicking my eyes on and off the screen.

Big big wuss :P

I do wonder if it show a lack of imagination on my part. Not being able to be scared.

Also, with paranormal activity, it didn't help that after a few minutes watching that couple (especially him) I started thinking that maybe the demon had a point