Films

Guest razz1e

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The moment they pulled out Capri-sun's for refreshment, I turned it off.

Capri-sun? In the middle of the desert? During a war? Yeah, alright then. A true representation of the war in Iraq if ever I did see one :P

I probably will watch it all at some point, and no doubt it will be an ok film. But at the time that just made me laugh, and I couldn't take the film seriously afterwards.

Capri-sun? In the middle of the desert? During a war? Yeah, alright then. A true representation of the war in Iraq if ever I did see one :P

I probably will watch it all at some point, and no doubt it will be an ok film. But at the time that just made me laugh, and I couldn't take the film seriously afterwards.

I've just read an article suggesting that Capri Suns are used by the US army..... besides, it's not as if they're an uneconmical method of carrying liquid. And the pack can be utilised as a mirror, apparently - I guess for flashing a position rather than doing your eyebrows mind. This only adds to the authenticity of the film IMO. There will be holes in the film, but I don't think this is one.

Good film, not great. Couple excellent scenes in it, like the opening scene and the sniper stand off.

I never disputed that. I will probably watch it all the way through soon, and no doubt enjoy the film.

I couldn't feel like I was in a war knowing there were capri-sun's on tap though, it just didn't wash with me. I'm fine with being proved wrong though, I'm waiting for the report...

I thought Hurt Locker was one of the best movies of last year. damn tense! good interaction between the cast and liked that it wasn't a star vehicle for anyone. Don't read unless seen it....

and liked that anyone who was well known got killed off pretty early (pierce, fiennes etc)

More recently watched another french movie "un prophete" as mentioned here; Grim and gritty, twas a good movie if a little tough to watch. Casting was superb, especially the corsican boss Cesar, a range of emotions are experienced throughout and some of the scenes are handled excellently; the first assignment given for one. Worth a watch definitely, but as above tis a little tough, especially at 2:30hr.

I never disputed that. I will probably watch it all the way through soon, and no doubt enjoy the film.

I couldn't feel like I was in a war knowing there were capri-sun's on tap though, it just didn't wash with me. I'm fine with being proved wrong though, I'm waiting for the report...

They do apparently, why would you send them canned meats, canned cheese, canned chips, canned salsa, dips, canned tuna and canned chicken if they were home? They're not bums.

Although I dont see the point of sending them crackers in the middle of the desert. Surely thats the last thing they need, unless they're going for some cracker eating world record in the heat? They really need to have their minds on other things, as the film shows.