Films

Guest razz1e

I enjoyed Solomon Kane, in a mindless, fan-boy, lots of violence, no story-line kind of way. James Purefoy was great in it. The only thing is that I can't take people with a West Country accent seriously when they are trying to come over all violent. "Kill all these putrifying heathens" sounds silly in a Somerzet accent.

I did see the trailer for Clash of the Titans 3d. I'll watch it. Simply because it might have Polly Walker's chest in it in 3d.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't take it too seriously. Not with him with that accent. "Get back you daaags, arghh".

It suffered from Darth Farmer syndrome essentially.

Not that I've got anything against the West Country at all mind. Especially one half of Bristol :P

Edited by Greeny_Musicchild

:P

I quite liked how apparently all the land west of Somerset and Devonshire was ravaged...so, Cornwall? Not that bad then ay? Just build a wall...

It was a very cheesy film in parts, I think something that might do better in America where someone might actually think that the landscape was England. Scandanavia or Australlia or something...but there is no where in England that ever looked like half the places in the film.

Fun tho...lots of violence and gore. When he pulled himself off the crucifix there were gasps in the cinema.

Edited by sifimaster

I went to see Soloman Kane yesterday. It's a predictable and generic fantasy 'epic' but i thought it was very enjoyable. Not one to be taken too seriously but certainly not bad at all.

I quite liked how apparently all the land west of Somerset and Devonshire was ravaged...so, Cornwall? Not that bad then ay?

I think it was made in the Czech. Like a lot of films. My beloved said that one part reminded her of Norfolk, but Purefoy said it was all shot on location in the Czech in an interview I watched.

I don't know Warhammer films. Are they related to the D&D geeky boys sitting at the back of the classroom at lunch rolling funny dice in order to defeat a troll whilst normal people were finger-f**king Mary Jane Rotten-crotch through her pretty pink panties in the sixth form kinda thing?

Guest musiclove123

Watched The Lovely Bones-absoloutely loved it. Very thought provoking and became a weeping mess at times :P

Edited by musiclove123

it arrived the day i got dumped. the tagline 'a comedy about getting DUMPED and taking it like a man' didn't really go down well lol

you could have warned me there were two instances of segel cock though! but good film all round. russell brand's actually really good in it.