• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

watched The Road last night...

thought it was really good, like Fallout the movie :P

however, many plot holes bugged me....

• why were there so few cars?

• why were there so few dead bodies?

• why were there so few people?

• how did the dad have so much strength when starving?

• why did the dad steal Omars clothes after going on about being a good guy?

also, why did the family wait for the dad to die before talking to him, are they cannibals? :P

but yea, apart from me being a whingin bastard about those little point the movie looked amazing and the acting was tres bien

also, why did the family wait for the dad to die before talking to him, are they cannibals? :P

but yea, apart from me being a whingin bastard about those little point the movie looked amazing and the acting was tres bien

I don't think it's one of the greateset films ever.

I do think it's one of the greatest sports films ever, however. I've always maintained that the opening film credits is probably the best bit in it, and the first act sets a high-water mark which the rest of the film fails to live up to.

The music is great in it though. I think Robbie Robertson had a lot to do with it. I love Robbie Robertson. He's my favourite Canadian.

Odd to find this thread half way down page two.

Watched "From Paris with Love" at the week-end. It sounds romantic. It isn't. There is nothing romantic about John Travolta with a bazooka. If checked every chliche in the action movie genre, but because it was French, it did so in a very cool way.

Alice in Wonderland this week-end.

No I don't think you are. I think I'm the only one who can't view it as a true account of war though.

The first guy who DIES from that bomb.....they'd be picking up pieces of him all over town had he been that close to the bomb on impact, he wouldn't just fall to the ground like someone had kicked him in the back of the knees

:P

(I don't think that's a spoiler, it happens right at the start and I haven't said which guy :P:P )

Invictus - really good, quite moving and doesnt spend the whole movie sucking off mandella as i thought it might

From Paris With Love - if you're expecting nothing more then an action movie, you'll love it (

the reference to Pulp Fiction is great

Invictus - really good, quite moving and doesnt spend the whole movie sucking off mandella as i thought it might

From Paris With Love - if you're expecting nothing more then an action movie, you'll love it (

the reference to Pulp Fiction is great

)

Mic Macs - directed by Jean-Pierre Jeunet, quite a lovely little anti arms movie :P

gonna eat some space cake, sit in the premier seats and watch Avatar tomorrow!

Edited by Purple Monkey

I watched "The Hangover" at the weekend. Thought it was funny in parts, although why do they have to signpost every joke like nobody would get it. Surely Americans cant be that stupid! Quite enjoyable anyway, suppose its abit of a throw away film really, chewing gum for the eyes as my grandad would say.

I watched "The Hangover" at the weekend. Thought it was funny in parts, although why do they have to signpost every joke like nobody would get it. Surely Americans cant be that stupid! Quite enjoyable anyway, suppose its abit of a throw away film really, chewing gum for the eyes as my grandad would say.