Films

Guest razz1e

Am I the only person on here who liked Transformers 2? I know the plot/acting etc were diabolical, but it's a mindless film with robots smacking the shit out of each other. I wasn't expecting The Godfather or anything.

I had a great time watching it.

Edited by Purple Monkey

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't just the plot and acting that was offensive though. The technical attitude of "more is more" really pissed me off. Visually it was the equivalent of mainlining a pint of Red Bull. The sound direction was diabolical too. Nothing made any sense. I can't actually believe grown adults were involved in its production.

It was a classic example of everything that is bad and tasteless and excessive about American culture, and I f*cking hate it.

Wasn't just the plot and acting that was offensive though. The technical attitude of "more is more" really pissed me off. Visually it was the equivalent of mainlining a pint of Red Bull. The sound direction was diabolical too. Nothing made any sense. I can't actually believe grown adults were involved in its production. The only use it has is to generate shitloads of money for suited dickheads who would happily put cyanide in chocolate if they knew there was a market for it. It's a lifeless, cynical pile of crap.

It was a classic example of everything that is bad and tasteless and excessive about American culture, and I f*cking hate it.

The cartoon was superior. A kids saturday cartoon made with peanuts, by people who couldn't give a shit and probably wrote entire plots for the episodes on post-its, had infinitely more character, detail and storytelling than the big budget Hollywood movie supposedly made by seasoned veterans across the board. How mental is that? It was like everyone involved was told to chronically masterbate using just their profession as a means to do it.

Or maybe it was simply the lack of Astro-Train that was the problem :P

I too quite enjoyed Transformers 1 for what it was, but Transformers 2 was just gash...though I blame the animated series for not having enough foresight. Amongst the morality tales at the end of each episode, there should've been at least one, purely addressed to Michael Bay, to not do a giant pebbledash explosion over our childhood. Baysplosions... :P

I did actually stay until after the end credits during Transformers 1 at the cinema, for a moral; how to cross the road, not to take drugs, just something :P . f**k you Michael Bay!!! :P

...otherwise recently I watched shutter island. Loved it :lol: , liked the ambiguity at the end

when Andrew's presumably faking the regression, but whether Chuck's realises/lets it go/has acceptance of it and lets him have his peace through the lobotomy/doesn't accept it and calls attention to the guards etc

...or even alternatively as opposed to fooling Teddy/Andrew, the whole film's fooled us as the audience, and Andrew came on his own and whole experiments have induced the reaction/vision/Andrew's acceptance of fault, allowing Shutter Island to continue it's remit. Need to watch it again, but can't recall any absolute moment of proof, though I think that seemed very unlikely from the direction/what Scorsese shows us

Its a proper film and everything. Even being shown in cinemas. poor guy who made it was deadly serious, wasn't trying to make a joke film, but he seems to be enjoying the attention now. And he's making a sequal.

Birdemic

Purple Monkey will probably still think Transformers 2 is worse.

I'm still undecided.

I really want to watch this :P

There's no way this was done seriously, this is definitely a spoof of those shitty Z-Grade movies you see on obscure shitty Sky channels quite late at night. The kind of films that don't just go straight to DVD, but straight to DVD bargain-bins. I guess it's in the same way Team America spoofs all of Michael Bays shitty films.

Even if it is totally serious (got to be a hoax), at least it wasn't created with making megabucks from the raping of childrens childhoods like Transformers 2.

And now we have come full circle. F*ck you Michael Bay!