Films

Guest razz1e

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shutter island was amazing. i felt i had to concentrate on every second of it and the whole film had a really creepy feel about it form the beginning. i don't think you can really say anything about it though without giving away what happens.. i'd reccommend this film to anyone. :P

Edited by _rachelbon

shutter island was amazing. i felt i had to concentrate on every second of it and the whole film had a really creepy feel about it form the beginning. i don't think you can really say anything about it though without giving away what happens.. i'd reccommend this film to anyone. :P

I know theres a few on here who like 'Eagle Vs Shark'. Well guy who made that (Taika Waititi) has got a new one out. 'Boy' is a great little film. OK, some of the acting from the kids isn't the best (but the kid who plays Boy's little brother Rocky barely says a word and is great) and it is very kiwi, and very maori (not in a grim Once Were Warriors way, its mcuh more fun even if it also shows up some of the social problems). Its set in the eighties and is about a boy, Boy, who idolises both Michael Jackson and his absent father, only the father turns out to be a useless shit. And I guess by now he wouldn't be feeling so great about Michael Jackson either...

Theres some really good stuff coming out of NZ.

Edited by philipsteak

I know theres a few on here who like 'Eagle Vs Shark'. Well guy who made that (Taika Waititi) has got a new one out. 'Boy' is a great little film. OK, some of the acting from the kids isn't the best (but the kid who plays Boy's little brother Rocky barely says a word and is great) and it is very kiwi, and very maori (not in a grim Once Were Warriors way, its mcuh more fun even if it also shows up some of the social problems). Its set in the eighties and is about a boy, Boy, who idolises both Michael Jackson and his absent father, only the father turns out to be a useless shit. And I guess by now he wouldn't be feeling so great about Michael Jackson either...

Theres some really good stuff coming out of NZ.