Films

Guest razz1e

Inception is excellent. Bit a mess at times but no post 9/11 cobblers in it which is unusual for Nolan, most of the Dark Knight is unwatchable due to the "themes" in it.

Finally, erm, "got" The Ghost Writer. thats the evening sorted. Shame the director is a violent paedo.

Edited by The Nal

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw Inception last night on an IMAX screen in Southampton and can honestly say I was totally mesmorised and engrossed from the first 5 mins.

One of the most thought provoking and original movies ive seen in a looong time. Nice to see mr Nolan is rising above the average sequel/remake/rehash culture of cinema we seem to be bombarded recentely.

I LOVED the soundtrack as well, added tension and excitement to the whole thing.

I seriously cant recommend this movie enough, for those who have seen it...care to discuss without spoiling for others?

I'm off to the cinema today; I want to see Inception, but the guy I'm going with who's driving wants to see Predators I think.

I wouldn't mind seeing that aswell, but that's just it, it's a wouldn't mind for me, whereas Inception's pretty much a must see.

Hoping I can talk him around.

In my quest for Batman knowledge I keep reading reports that Megan Fox is set to play Catwoman in the next film...seems an unlikely choice by Nolan and I'm not keen on the idea.

Joseph Gordon Levitt looks a hell of a lot like Heath Ledger don't you think? I wonder if Nolan originally intended to have Heath in that role in Inception? Those two could have easily passed for on-screen brothers.

There's potential for him to be involved - look at how often Nolan works with the same actors. He's used Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Cillian Murphy across different films before. There's certainly a chance that cast members of Inception will pop up in future Nolan projects.

I think Hardy and Levitt would both make excellent Riddlers, although Hardy's would bring (IMO) more of a physical menace/presence to the role, which is something that Nolan's batman hasnt really faced IIRC.

Nolan may be looking for a new female lead which Marion Cottilard could fill, or, as someone at my work suggested that Ellen Page could play Barbara Gordon.