Films

Guest razz1e

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw Inception tonight and thought it was fan-tastic. I found it easier to keep up with than everyone was telling me. The ending is top notch :)

It also made me realise that my dream patterns are perfectly normal :)

The A-Team next (I think I'll have seen more films at the cinema in the last week than I have for about the last 3 years!), although I somehow doubt its going to match the quality of Toy Story and Inception

Edited by Alcatraz

Saw "The Secret in their Eyes" this weekend. Can really recomend it. Its a thriller from Argentina. Very clever, well made film, won the best foreign film oscar this year. I know a lot of people expected The White Ribbon to get it and I haven't seen that so cant compare the two, but its a very good film in its own right. Some beautifully shot scenes too, especially the scene

at the football match

Edited by philipsteak

Inception.

Liked it, didn't love it.

Good film, not a great film.

All very clever and pretty and stuff, but it just left me a little cold. He's not very good at characters is he? Or the relationship stuff. Considering how important it is supposed to be, I found it very hard to give a crap about Cobb and Mal.

ETA and while I usually try to avoid worrying about things like this in films, if you were the son of a man with more money than god, don't you think you'd have some kind of actual physical security team. At least a bodyguard.

Edited by philipsteak

Anyone see the film on BBC 1 Saturday night with Robin Williams and Giovanni Ribishi,The Great White I think it was called?

Great film with a fantastic performance from Ribishi.Everything that guy is in he shines,such a great actor.

Anyone see the film on BBC 1 Saturday night with Robin Williams and Giovanni Ribishi,The Great White I think it was called?

Great film with a fantastic performance from Ribishi.Everything that guy is in he shines,such a great actor.

Inception.

Liked it, didn't love it.

Good film, not a great film.

All very clever and pretty and stuff, but it just left me a little cold. He's not very good at characters is he? Or the relationship stuff. Considering how important it is supposed to be, I found it very hard to give a crap about Cobb and Mal.

Edited by The Nal

If done right this film has the potential to be one of the biggest movies/franchises of all time. Whedon's run on Astonishing X Men was a work of sustained genius - as such Im very confident they're gonna produce something very special indeed. That said I have seen Firefly or Serenity or *cough* Buffy.

Disney buying Marvel looks like a license to print money now!

If done right this film has the potential to be one of the biggest movies/franchises of all time. Whedon's run on Astonishing X Men was a work of sustained genius - as such Im very confident they're gonna produce something very special indeed. That said I have seen Firefly or Serenity or *cough* Buffy.

Did any eagle eyed comic book geeks see the photos of the Infinity Gauntlet prop at SDCC? WTF??!?! If this has anything to do with the Avengers movie (Thanos?!) i'll eat my own cobbler's helmet.

Edited by Purple Monkey

Apparently Captain America will be tied closely to the plot of Thor.

I recommend Firefly, it's a good taster to demonstrate how good Whedon is with an ensemble. It'll probably make you annoyed that we live in a world where we get multiple seasons of dross like American Idol but Firefly onlys gets one. Firefly is throughly entertaining and it's cancellation should have been a criminal offense.

I'm a tad disaponted that Thor is not gonna be more like the Ultimate version, where he's a hippy and people think he's crazy but has powers still. I'd find that more enjoyable than a guy from a magical land with Gods and monster and whatnot and it does risk it flopping like all the other non Potter/Rings fantasy films.

I too liked the Ultimate Thor but can't wait to see Branagh's version which seeems like a great hybrid of Classic/Ultimate. Cap America is in the same vein, as was Iron Man.

I loved the idea of everybody being completely unsure as to whether he genuinely was a God or just a complete nutcase. At least he has his Ultimate-Beard! :lol:

Edited by Purple Monkey

I love the "is he crazy or not" idea about Ultimate Thor but I always found the hippy side of him intresting too, I could see a few early scenes of him destroying oil drills and have him fighting America/China armies over enviromental issues and some comedy scenes of having a power god leading Ghandi style peace protests etc., but I'm hoping it's not gonna be trying to hard to a fantasy film rather than a superhero film.

Not fussed about Green Lantern (unless it's an Avatar style SFX orgy) or Capatin America (far too American) but I am looking forward to Avengers and Runaways though.

From what I heard they showed very early footage at CC of Red Skull searching for the

Cosmic Cube

Firefly is one of the few series I can watch again and again without getting tired of it.

Pretty impressive ensemble he's got to work with this time!

CC10avengers3big.jpg

Fingers crossed he can fit nathan fillion in there still :P

I love the "is he crazy or not" idea about Ultimate Thor but I always found the hippy side of him intresting too, I could see a few early scenes of him destroying oil drills and have him fighting America/China armies over enviromental issues and some comedy scenes of having a power god leading Ghandi style peace protests etc., but I'm hoping it's not gonna be trying to hard to a fantasy film rather than a superhero film.

Not fussed about Green Lantern (unless it's an Avatar style SFX orgy) or Capatin America (far too American) but I am looking forward to Avengers and Runaways though.