Films

Guest razz1e

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally got round to watching Inception. What a great film. I didn't have any real problem following the plot, I think that the whole "It's complex" was a bit of hype and probably as result of it being slightly more challenging than the normal good / bad science fiction set-up. My main feeling afterwards was that I felt a bit cheated by most other films I've seen in the genre, because they could really a bit more challenging. It's a bit like the Wire television series, the result of watching it is that everything else falls a bit short again because it doesn't assume that people are idiots.

just got back from the cinema, I thought it was good, but it didnt come across as amazing as people have been making it out to be.

I'd give it 7 or 8 out of 10, which is a highly respectable mark, but I went in knowing virtually nothing about the film, expecting a 9. Its nowhere near as "smart" as it thinks it is. Its definitely not as good as memento. Nolan is to be very proud of himself for making a non mainstream movie a hit.

Right, Inception. Just had a heated discussion with my mate

I said that the ending was obvious (it wouldnt stop spinning) if you were following the film, he disagrees and claims I was missing something. He didnt wake up on the snow level, so remained in the bottom level dream, and the top was always gonna keep spinning - Its simple isn't it?

Right, Inception. Just had a heated discussion with my mate

I said that the ending was obvious (it wouldnt stop spinning) if you were following the film, he disagrees and claims I was missing something. He didnt wake up on the snow level, so remained in the bottom level dream, and the top was always gonna keep spinning - Its simple isn't it?

Edited by jump

I'd urge you to read the last two books instead of watching the films. The books are so much more layered and nuanced. Of the three films, the first one is the best and I felt that having read the books the second and, to a greater extent, the third were a bit of a mess.

Well we just got back from the cinema (twice in a week is more than I have been to the cinema in 2 years!) to see Toy Story 3 in 3D.

My mind is definitely made up on 3D. Its shit.

Too dark, not enough definition, motion blur on the action heavy pieces, and it cost £25 for the 3 of us to go, add to that another £25 on hot dogs, nachos, and a drink and popcorn - and that adds up to an expensive afternoon out with the kids.

During the trailers I thought - ooh, I might have been wrong about 3D - the last airbender looked quite impressive, as did the advert for Sky 3D, but once the novelty had worn off, it was just a very poor relation to the incredibly vivid, high definition beauty of Inception from 2 days ago.

Well we just got back from the cinema (twice in a week is more than I have been to the cinema in 2 years!) to see Toy Story 3 in 3D.

My mind is definitely made up on 3D. Its shit.

Too dark, not enough definition, motion blur on the action heavy pieces, and it cost £25 for the 3 of us to go, add to that another £25 on hot dogs, nachos, and a drink and popcorn - and that adds up to an expensive afternoon out with the kids.

During the trailers I thought - ooh, I might have been wrong about 3D - the last airbender looked quite impressive, as did the advert for Sky 3D, but once the novelty had worn off, it was just a very poor relation to the incredibly vivid, high definition beauty of Inception from 2 days ago.