Films

Guest razz1e

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched Killers - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1103153/ - anyone else watched it?

Ashton Kutcher & Katherine Heigl (Knocked Up)

I enjoyed the film, thought it was quite funny and not a bad watch on the whole, surprised to see it only got 4.3/10 on imdb

also watched the human centipede finally, and yea..it's rubbish-I had hoped it would be so bad..it'd be funny, but nope, just a few gross parts, and the rest was crap

Nothing to write home about, and I for one wont be waiting for part 2 :)

saw the new karate kid tonight

now i know the kid isn't called Danielson, he isnt white, mr mayagi is called mr han and the wax on/wax off has been replace with jacket on/jacket off....

but its pretty much cut and paste for general story line, some scenes are identical! dont know what so many people were complaining about!

i loved it, found it quite inspirational, also made my eyes get wet

jayden smith is sooooo much like will smith in delivery of lines

jackie chan was great

the film made me want noodles, i just ate some, yum

now i know the kid isn't called Danielson, he isnt white, mr mayagi is called mr han and the wax on/wax off has been replace with jacket on/jacket off....

but its pretty much cut and paste for general story line, some scenes are identical! dont know what so many people were complaining about!

jackie chan was great

He isnt called Danielson in the original either, miyagi calls him "Daniel-san" the "san" is a term of endearment and respect in their culture Nightcrawler-san :P

but aside from that, I agree - a lot of people I have spoken to prefer it to the original, and I tend to agree, as did my daughter.

but its pretty much cut and paste for general story line, some scenes are identical!  dont know what so many people were complaining about!

jackie chan was great

i only saw the original karate kid for the first time two weeks ago, i enjoyed it, but it isn't exactly on par with citizen kane is it?

i think people give too much credit to nostalgia, and assume things they liked when younger are infallible.

in the last year i've seen thundercats, karate kid, a-team and nightmare on elm street all for the first time.....

none of them are really that good, a product of their time, so to say that remaking it is sacrilege (which a lot of people do, for all four examples) is just whinging for the sake of it. Show a kid nightmare on elm street now and they would probably laugh (i did anyway), the karate kid is cheeeeeese and thundercats is just quite lame.

by remaking, kids will get to relive (in some small way) the love we had for these things, which i dont think is a bad thing

Edited by Purple Monkey

I have no issue with remakes, as long as they dont stray from the original story/try and jazz it up and generally ruin it!!

tempted to watch diary of a whimpy kid tonight after work - anyone seen it yet?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1196141/

ooh actually just realised another one I still need to watch..Prince Of Persia :)

think price of persia will win tonight

Edited by markeee

I watched From Paris with Love at the weekend followed by The Road

Both really good, John Travolta really does have a good sense for comedy, but i just find the whole scientology thing disappointing.

The Road was amazingly shot, but i have to watch it again as my friend talked all the way through it, he was drunk and gets overly conversational when drunk. :lol:

I just watched "A Serbian Film", I really dont know why. And I wouldnt advise you do either. Its not very nice at all. Theres some very very nasty unpleasantness, but strangely, I still found Irreversible more troubling.

I watched it because it was mentioned in a guardian piece I read yesterday, and I really couldnt believe it would contain what the guardian said it did, but it did. It was almost surreal, so didnt really seem to affect me as much as Irreversible.

I just watched "A Serbian Film", I really dont know why. And I wouldnt advise you do either. Its not very nice at all. Theres some very very nasty unpleasantness, but strangely, I still found Irreversible more troubling.

I watched it because it was mentioned in a guardian piece I read yesterday, and I really couldnt believe it would contain what the guardian said it did, but it did. It was almost surreal, so didnt really seem to affect me as much as Irreversible.