Films

Guest razz1e

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scott Pilgrim looks like a film that'll piss me off. Looks like it's going set the cause of videogames being taken seriously back by about ten years......

But I'll reserve judgement until I see it, because I'm just speculating.

no film NEEDS to be seen in the cinema. I have argued this many times on here.

choices

1. in a rammed cinema surrounded by knobheads eating popcorn and talking / using their mobiles

2. At home, 6 feet away from a 40"+ screen, with DTS surround sound.

I know where I would rather be.

I saw inception at the cinema the other week. It was good. not outstanding.

no film NEEDS to be seen in the cinema. I have argued this many times on here.

choices

1. in a rammed cinema surrounded by knobheads eating popcorn and talking / using their mobiles

2. At home, 6 feet away from a 40"+ screen, with DTS surround sound.

I know where I would rather be.

I saw inception at the cinema the other week. It was good. not outstanding.

I watched Robin Hood yesterday. What an absolute pantload. The first half an hour or so was okay, but after that there were so many inconsistencies in the plot line that it became frankly laughable.

I mean, he goes back to Nottingham after ten years and nobody there realises that he isn't the same bloke. Had everyone in Nottingham who had been alive ten years previously left, forgotten what he looked like or died? Rubbish.

And the bit when he unlocked the memory of his father being dead. He just shut his eyes for thirty seconds. Is that all you have to do to unlock repressed memories?

And the battle at the end. C'mon, where did all those people appear from out of nowhere.

And the kids in the forest, wearing the hoods. What was the point please?

I watched Robin Hood yesterday. What an absolute pantload. The first half an hour or so was okay, but after that there were so many inconsistencies in the plot line that it became frankly laughable.

I mean, he goes back to Nottingham after ten years and nobody there realises that he isn't the same bloke. Had everyone in Nottingham who had been alive ten years previously left, forgotten what he looked like or died? Rubbish.

And the bit when he unlocked the memory of his father being dead. He just shut his eyes for thirty seconds. Is that all you have to do to unlock repressed memories?

And the battle at the end. C'mon, where did all those people appear from out of nowhere.

And the kids in the forest, wearing the hoods. What was the point please?

:lol:

Totally agree, could have been very good though but sometimes it looks like they filmed a load of random scenes and edited them together.

Least convincing film I've seen in a long long time.

We watched Four Lions tonight, really good. Very funny in parts but also very sad. I thought every part was well played and I thought they did well to relate to the characters and forget that they are actually suicide bombers. Not your typical Chris Morris humour but there are a good few points in it where you can tell it's his film.

Now from that I'm going on to watch The Expendables.:rolleyes:

We watched Four Lions tonight, really good. Very funny in parts but also very sad. I thought every part was well played and I thought they did well to relate to the characters and forget that they are actually suicide bombers. Not your typical Chris Morris humour but there are a good few points in it where you can tell it's his film.

Now from that I'm going on to watch The Expendables.:rolleyes: