Films

Guest razz1e

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As part of adventure fest I got free tix to see some short films about people doing crazy shit. The bit below, if you skip it to about 40 secs in, was part of it called "Alone on the Wall" this guy Alex Honnold doing free climbing, it was stomach churning.

There was also a doc about a guy doing Base jumping around London and Europe, mainly London, places like Nelson's Column and the Barbican. His mates kept dying but he just kept going. They showed him going back to his parents, I felt so sorry for them!

Edited by Josie's Cat

The first 10 minutes of 'UP' seem to make everyone cry except me. I was filled with indignation that the woman

didn't get to fulfill her dreams of exploring, but as soon as she died off goes the bloke on a whirlwind adventure, WITH a child that she also wanted and couldn't have, to the place she always wanted to go but never did! Bloody unfair I thought it was.

Edited by Josie's Cat

The first 10 minutes of 'UP' seem to make everyone cry except me. I was filled with indignation that the woman didn't get to fulfill her dreams of exploring, but as soon as she died off goes the bloke on a whirlwind adventure, WITH a child that she also wanted and couldn't have, to the place she always wanted to go but never did! Bloody unfair I thought it was.

The first 10 minutes of 'UP' seem to make everyone cry except me. I was filled with indignation that the woman didn't get to fulfill her dreams of exploring, but as soon as she died off goes the bloke on a whirlwind adventure, WITH a child that she also wanted and couldn't have, to the place she always wanted to go but never did! Bloody unfair I thought it was.

great thanks ampersand.

I get the fact that the house represented her, but to me that was cold comfort - she still didn't get to go. It wouldn't help me if I couldn't go to my dream place but someone said "ah well, I'll take this handbag, it represents you" Also yes he did buy tickets but it was too late, they were old and then she died. I think he knew he had let her down and that's why he was so grumpy.

Also the letter at the very end when she says she had all her adventures with him were just a film makers sop to people like me who thought Ellie was robbed.

Edited by Josie's Cat

up is briliant but i think wall-e is better, didnt get nominated for best film as it was nominated for best animation but im sorry its at least the same if not better than all the movies nominated for best film that year (Slumdog millionaire (won it), frost/nixon, the reader, the curious case of benjamin button and milk). The filmcraft is on a different level, the way you feel for wall-e and eva without any words being spoken!

wall-e went over my head a bit. it is great but i just think it seems to lose the plot a bit as soon as the pilot comes into it. great film, but i've said before, that and kung fu panda were out at the same time. saw both at the cinema and kung fu panda was best for me.

wall-e went over my head a bit. it is great but i just think it seems to lose the plot a bit as soon as the pilot comes into it. great film, but i've said before, that and kung fu panda were out at the same time. saw both at the cinema and kung fu panda was best for me.

I thought Kung Fu Panda was pretty standard Dreamworks "be yourself" fare. Was ok but nothing special. Wall-E is Pixar's most beautiful film IMO, although story wise not one of their best. It does go a bit downhill towards the end, but the first hour or so is fantastic.

Quite disappointed that they've shelved Newt, having seen the art for it which looks excellent

On the subject of animations, I ended up watching Cloudy with a chance of meatballs yesterday cos it was on one of the sky movies channels. Was a lot better than I expected, and you really cant go wrong with Mr T and Bruce Campbell in the voice cast :P

On the subject of animations, I ended up watching Cloudy with a chance of meatballs yesterday cos it was on one of the sky movies channels. Was a lot better than I expected, and you really cant go wrong with Mr T and Bruce Campbell in the voice cast :P