Films

Guest razz1e

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried watching the first film when it came out and remember thinking the same, rubbish, with all the hype around the new film and people referring to how good the original was I was thinking maybe I was too young at the time to "get it" haven't seen it since though

Edited by modey

Tron Legacy is really good. I thought it was much, much better than the reviews would have you believe. I highly recommend it. Look out for Daft Punk making an appearance - or at least two guys with Daft Punk helmets on!

Visually it looks stunning, although they don't make much use of 3D.

Michael Sheen practically steals the film.

It is very weird seeing the "young" Jeff Bridges.

Edited by The Nal

I enjoyed Tron Legacy - the music and the visuals, a bit disappointed Clu hadn't come up with a new arena game in all that time. Good to see Quorra again although I thought the Abraxas virus had wiped her out in the comic when she got the prototype Anon to Flynn.

I'm guessing what happens in the film shows that Flynn repaired her previously? Between comic and Legacy?

Anyone wanting to get me a pressie for xmas, I'd like one of those sticks that turns into the new light bikes - thanks.

Freight transport? Really?.

Can anyone help me out please? Last night I was walking in the snow in the dark and a scene from a movie popped into my head but I can't remember what it's called.

It's a vampire flick where a girl (fairly young or skinny) vampire kills someone at night and theres snow & ice everywhere and when the blood hit's the snow on the floor it freezes, so she picks up the frozen blood and runs off when she hears someone else coming.

Edited by jump

This makes me laugh, Conservatives are upset about a black guy (Stringer Bell from The Wire :) ) playing a God because he's meant to be white and is unfaithfull to the Norse religion. The whole movie got it wrong, Loki isn't Odin's son, Thor is meant to have red hair, doesn't fly with a magic hammer and he doesn't team up with Iron Man but the skin colour of a god who will be in a handfull of scenes is what has got them pissed.

http://nerdreactor.com/2010/12/15/conservitives-boycott-thor-for-casting-black-heimdall/

Can anyone help me out please? Last night I was walking in the snow in the dark and a scene from a movie popped into my head but I can't remember what it's called.

It's a vampire flick where a girl (fairly young or skinny) vampire kills someone at night and theres snow & ice everywhere and when the blood hit's the snow on the floor it freezes, so she picks up the frozen blood and runs off when she hears someone else coming.

Edited by brighteyes

Both excellent films.

Let The Right One In has been remade. Not that the original needed translating, but because it didn't appeal to mouth breathers in subtitled-form.

At least the remake has Hit-Girl from Kick-Ass in it, and it looks like it could be fairly loyal to the original from what I've seen. The thing I hate about any western remakes is that they ALWAYS lose their edge - there's always something off-kilter that gets under your skin with the originals that gets completely lost in translation. Then there's the problem of taking a distinctly foreign concept, based on distinctly foreign lore and throwing a bunch of American actors in it - the context is all wrong.

Both excellent films.

Let The Right One In has been remade. Not that the original needed translating, but because it didn't appeal to mouth breathers in subtitled-form.

At least the remake has Hit-Girl from Kick-Ass in it, and it looks like it could be fairly loyal to the original from what I've seen. The thing I hate about any western remakes is that they ALWAYS lose their edge - there's always something off-kilter that gets under your skin with the originals that gets completely lost in translation. Then there's the problem of taking a distinctly foreign concept, based on distinctly foreign lore and throwing a bunch of American actors in it - the context is all wrong.

Catfish was a decent film, not sure if it's true or not. A clever twist which I was half expecting and my imagination was running wild half way through - that's presumably what makes it so clever. Shows just how Facebook can be abused, and the outcome could have been much worse!

This year has been crap for films but here's my top 5 films of the year...

1, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World

2, Kick Ass

3, Inception

4, The Town

5, Black Swan

And my most disappointing films of the year...

1, Cop Out

2, Alice In Wonderland

3, Lovely Bones

4, Expendables

5, Iron Man 2

grown ups time!

watched jim carey christmas carol last night. pretty decent (though i thought the last ghost was a bit shit) but will never top the muppets christmas carol!

This year has been crap for films but here's my top 5 films of the year...

1, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World

2, Kick Ass

3, Inception

4, The Town

5, Black Swan

And my most disappointing films of the year...

1, Cop Out

2, Alice In Wonderland

3, Lovely Bones

4, Expendables

5, Iron Man 2

Well, I officially fell asleep in a cinema for only the third time in my life:

- The first was during Black Hawk Down but that was because I'd been awake for 56 hours straight finishing my dissertation

- The second was during Enter Through The Gift Shop at Glastonbury, and that was because I was so drunk I could hardly stand up

- The third was last night during Little Fockers.... a film so painfully crap and unfunny I cold hardly believe I was actually sat there watching it. I laughed once, and that was only because Dustin Hoffman ad libbed a line and Ben Stiller nearly cracked up. I'd have walked out if I wasn't on a date - she was not impressed that I dozed off, her being a massive Owen Wilson fan. Just an terrible terrible movie filled with nothing but penis and toilet humour.

Watched The Tourist this wkend, expected something better considering Depp and Jolie are in it. But still an enjoyable movie, nothing exceptional though I love the fact that most of it is in Europe.

Edited by A-Rob