Films

Guest razz1e

Ricky Gervais on the Golden Globes was the only good thing. There's rumour he got a bollocking and got told to tone it down which explains his demeanour later on where he looked far more subdued - could have been the alcohol though.

The Social Network cleaned up because it promotes American power. It's a political win I think. I'm hugely cynical because it's Hollywood and corporate America we're dealing with here, this ceremony was never ever going to be squeaky clean. The movie is alright but not THAT good.

Edited by Purple Monkey

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Social Network cleaned up because it promotes American power. It's a political win I think. I'm hugely cynical because it's Hollywood and corporate America we're dealing with here, this ceremony was never ever going to be squeaky clean. The movie is alright but not THAT good.

Edited by The Nal

I approached social network with low expectations after the joke that was created with Mezrich's other work and so was pleasantly surprised, great sound track too!

Is The King's Speech just winning awards because it's one of the last films funded by the UK Film Council? Or is it actually any good? If the latter guess it means with the scrapping of the Film Council funds there won't be another in its wake.

I watched the kings speech last night, very good it was too, i didn't really fancy it at all because i didn't think it would be my thing but because the wife has been nagging me to get it i watched it, glad i did, really enjoyed it

The only reason I can think of is that they wouldn't sell as many Red Skull action figures to bovine America if he has a swastika emblazoned on his uniform.

Product first, art second. f**k off Hollywood.

anyone seen this guys stuff?

he's a real hobbyist by the looks of it, does all of the special effects like the sound and muzzle flashes etc himself in adobe after effects as far as I am aware, its real childish, boys own stuff, but it looks like great fun.

360 noscope always raises a chuckle.