Films

Guest razz1e

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope no CGI is involved for Bane. There's no need to add any muscle.

If I was Nolan I would be more concerned with putting Bane across as a highly intelligent and strategic character who is at peak athletic condition (albeit on the bulky side).

The less cartoony elements, the more it'll distance it from the awful, awful Batman & Robin character where he was some sort of retarded Hulk-like henchman for Mr Freeze. He even had greenish skin. I'm so very glad that they're seeking to remove that awful memory.

Is Strange still going to be involved? If so then the whole performance-enhancing drug thing could well be his doing.

Would love to see Scarecrow back again, he would easily fit into a drug-based storyline. He could even be a shady agent of Dr.Strange/Bane's operations, spreading venom/drugs in the underworld, much like he was doing with his own mixes at the beginning of The Dark Knight.

My favourite film of 2010 was Toy Story 3.

My favourite films of the last decade would probably be all 3 Toy Story movies actually. They're probably the first trilogy in the history of films where they are this perfect triangle, where each film can be viewed completely on their own but are made infinitely better when viewed in the context of a wider arc, each one slightly better than the last finally proving the point that sequels can still be original and innovative.

It's funny that, since Pixar follow the same development model/process as a conventional video games company (tight knit team that retains experience and knowledge by working on the same projects again and again, where all members of the crew are stakeholders in the vision as opposed to be simple professional contractors) - what's funny is that this is the same model that is currently being destroyed in the games industry by the modern Hollywood model as the games industry gets more and more infected by the desire to turn profits rather than a desire to create art.

Edited by Purple Monkey

my girlfriend took me on a surprise trip to a log cabin in Surrey for my christmas present for the last week...

we took acid one day, and ended up watching Jackass 2, then behind the scenes, then the deleted scenes, the extended scenes and then watched it again with the commentary on....

i think i have a 6 pack now from all the laughing :lol:

watched the documentary on the karate kid last night. i thought pat norita actually sounded like miyagi all the time!

but i couldn't really take it seriously when they were saying what a great film it was and being serious. i love it but it's a turd film as langdale said many moons ago on here.

Black Swan was very good with some nice references to obsessive related illnesses - some subtle, some overt. I went with a girl who used to be a ballerina in her youth and who had become anorexic as a result.

Portman was excellent.

Edited by worm

my girlfriend took me on a surprise trip to a log cabin in Surrey for my christmas present for the last week...

we took acid one day, and ended up watching Jackass 2, then behind the scenes, then the deleted scenes, the extended scenes and then watched it again with the commentary on....

i think i have a 6 pack now from all the laughing :lol:

I watched that 127 hours finally, and whilst it's an interesting film/enjoyable in parts I felt it dragged on a bit, 94mins was way too long

It just felt like it could have been a lot shorter

I figured someone would press - on this post, why? because it's based on a true story so I cant say anything bad about it?

Or because it's me?

;/

Edited by markeee

Watched Battle Royale tonight for the fist time in years. It really is quite brilliant, some absolute quality deaths in it and a great story throughout although it is a bit daft at times. Shame the second one was a bit shit.