Films

Guest razz1e

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know what you mean, but after listening to Kermode banging on about it, I just had to watch it. Another "period drama about a dull subject" you may have missed is "The Remains Of The Day" - watch that if you havent seen it, its sublime. Hopkins best ever performance IMHO.

Edited by The Nal

I reckon this could be a good bet.

Actor – Colin Firth

Actress – Natalie Portman

Supporting Actor – Christian Bale

Supporting Actress – Melissa Leo

Not sure about the best film, thought the Social Network was hilariously overrated and havent seen the Kings Speech yet.

from what i know when i browsed, betting on portman is quite pointless. silly odds.

*edit* yup, paddy power don't allow accumulator but,

firth - 1/20

portman - 1/10

bale - 1/10

leo - 8/13

actually, bar supporting actress, paddy power seems to think it's bloody pointless watching the awards and that they're all engraved already.

Edited by ampersand

from what i know when i browsed, betting on portman is quite pointless. silly odds.

*edit* yup, paddy power don't allow accumulator but,

firth - 1/20

portman - 1/10

bale - 1/10

leo - 8/13

actually, bar supporting actress, paddy power seems to think it's bloody pointless watching the awards and that they're all engraved already.

Edited by minute5072

I wasn't keen on Shutter Island, I worked out the plot twist and I was just waiting through out the flick just to get it over with otherwise it would of been great film imo.

Edited by worm

worm - spoilers incase anyone hasn't seen it!

the twist that he was a patient occurred to me at the start of the film but i dismissed it because it seemed too obvious.

it's interesting that you say he wanted them to believe he was mad so that he could get a lobotomy. i didn't pick up on that at all, i need to watch it again now.

what was the last line? i can't remember.

worm - spoilers incase anyone hasn't seen it!

the twist that he was a patient occurred to me at the start of the film but i dismissed it because it seemed too obvious.

it's interesting that you say he wanted them to believe he was mad so that he could get a lobotomy. i didn't pick up on that at all, i need to watch it again now.

what was the last line? i can't remember.