Films

Guest razz1e

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have to make 127 Hours a success and not cop out and see Season Of The Witch. We have to make the Kings Speach a f**king blockbuster smash, and not take the easy option and go watch Gulliver's Travels. Only then will Hollywood (et al) start to make better films. Inception is the start of this movement - an intelectual blockbuster that people actually embraced and went to see (fingers crossed that Hereafter and Adjustment Bureau will continue the theme); and breakout independent successes like Kickass, The Killer Inside Me and Catfish are getting more and more prevalent. But they need to become the norm, rather than the exception. But unless we support these lower budget/better films, we'll be consined to a lifetime of Transformers 3 and Sex In The City 5 and Pirates of the Carrabien 7.

Inception is just a decent heist movie. Someone has something, there's a plot to get it. Ends on an open ended cliffhanger where you are completely in the dark as to whether the protagonist has f**ked up or won. Nothing more to see here.

It's the Italian Job with suits.

I get slightly worried when people claim it as the only smart movie they have in their collection. It's hardly on the level of Primer.

Edited by Purple Monkey

Inception is just a decent heist movie. Someone has something, there's a plot to get it. Ends on an open ended cliffhanger where you are completely in the dark as to whether the protagonist has f**ked up or won. Nothing more to see here.

Edited by worm

I just get bored of people who use Inception as some kind of "barometer of smart". it still had cgi, it still had whizzes and bangs, and car chases, and all of the other ingredients of the usual summer tosh. the only difference was that you couldn't f**k off to the bog 3 times and still expect to know what the f**k was going on.

watched 127 hours last night. really impressed. the thing holding me back was "its a bloke in a hole" - which is wrong, it moves along very nippily, and is very engrossing. The nerve bit was obviously a tough watch, and that scene in particular was disturbing in that it was quite bloody, but you didn't really see that much, I think it was the blood, which when you consider how much blood is in many movies today is quite an accomplishment.