Films

Guest razz1e

watched "The Mechanic" last night. f**king hell, i wasnt expecting citizen kane but that was dire. so improbable from start to finish it was stunning.

I have been told to watch "catfish" but not to read anything about it before I watch it. anyone else seen it? might watch it tonight.

also interested to hear if anyone who said they were going to watch "The disappearance of alice creed" on my recommendation has done so? thoughts?

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

also interested to hear if anyone who said they were going to watch "The disappearance of alice creed" on my recommendation has done so? thoughts?

my girlfriend and i have just moved in together, she's asked me to show her all 'the classics'...

so far this has been Ed Wood, Brazil and Citizen Kane

i have over 500 DVDs, and have just been going through choosing ones i think are either influential to film or really f**king good,

what criteria makes a film a 'classic' to you?

Classic is a pretentious synonym for standard. It's also a superlative.

If it's a classic then it defines a standard of expectancy from which we classify other films of that sort. It's also classic if we really like the film.

Ironclad was a good romp, great performance by Giamatti, really surprised me. Purefoy was his usual self, and there was a good supporting cast.

Incredibly violent, mind.

Edited by sifi

atched The Chamelon last night

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1359553/

great film, based on a true story - only got 5.5/10 on imdb - which imo doesn't do it justice , check it out :)

The amazing true story of Frédéric Bourdin, who after having plundered all the centers for runaway minors and deliquents in Europe, even thought he has come of age, now passes himself off as Nicholas Barclay, a 13-year-old American who had vanished three years ago. To his astonishment, Nicholas's family welcomes him like their son, leaving Interpol and the FBI aghast. It is the beginning of a race against time for the investigators, family and Bourdin. But who is manipulating whom? And who is Frederic Bourdin in reality?
Edited by markeee