Films

Guest razz1e

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's not even any merit in the film in a video nasty sense. I watched it in a way that one would watch a classic zombie slasher flick, or something like Cannibal Holocaust... to see some grissly shit. But A Serbian Film is just stupid and, dare I say it, silly. The nasty stuff is piled on too thick, and it too quick succession, that none of it has any impact at all. There is no sympathy for the characters (until perhaps the end, but even then it tries to make you feel sorry for the wrong person), and therefore you don't care what's happening and it just comes off as juvenile, not degrading.

Therefore imo, it's just a very bad film, not a morally corrupting film.

brilliant. this is no doubt what i will think. don't really like either of the main actors in it to be honest. the only reason i bit the bullet and downloaded was cos i saw charlie sheen/harper makes an appearance in it.

Just watched The Fighter, very good film. Bale is fantastic, definately deserved his Oscar. Walberg is ok, he acts to the best of him limited talents. All in all a good film, certainly not as good as Rocky though.:P

I'm 40 this year fella, it was a bit taboo when I was at school, it wasnt earth shattering, but it at least had humour, which was absent in many "nasties" of the era. it was really the sequels that cemented its legend IMHO.