Films

Guest razz1e

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

watched Battle Los Angeles last night

i have no idea why the reviews have been so mediocre, the best alien invasion film i've seen (which could be down to all the others being shit)

everything apart from Michelle Rodriguez's lines was great :D

watched Battle Los Angeles last night

i have no idea why the reviews have been so mediocre, the best alien invasion film i've seen (which could be down to all the others being shit)

everything apart from Michelle Rodriguez's lines was great :D

Just watched 127 Hours. I thought it was really good, kinda similar to Buried in the fact the whole film is basically focussed on one person's struggle and the emotions it envokes. I thought the main scene wasn't too bad but it's more the thought of it which is disurbing rather than the actual visualisation of it.

Watched the tourist last night... Saw the twist coming from very early on, not as bad as all the critics made out though

Good to see depp vaping in it

watched The Warriors last night, i love it....

my girlfriend thought it was the worst movie she's ever seen....

in a way i guess she IS right, but i cant really explain why it's awesome, except that it just is?! :lol::huh:

Watched 'Cave of forgotten dreams' tonight, Werner Herzog's doc about cave paintings that were discovered in France a few years back but have never been filmed before. Apparently the cave was sealed by a landslide millenia ago and so the paintings are all preserved as though new but are n fact the oldest known examples of human art at about 35,000 years old. He's filmed it in 3D which sounded a bit unneccessary but it ended up being the most impressive 3D imaging I have ever seen, although some shots had to be done with a hand held camera and caused a bit of a headache.

I would really recommend seeing it, it will almost certainly be on TV in the relatively near future because some of the funding came from more4, but if you can catch it in a cinema in 3D it's well worth it, think the general release date is this Friday but I could be wrong.

Sadly the showing was meant to be followed by a simulcast of a Q&A with Werner Herzog but the local cinema screwed up the feed and we couldn't see it, if anyone here managed to catch it anywhere was it worthwhile??

Watched 'Cave of forgotten dreams' tonight, Werner Herzog's doc about cave paintings that were discovered in France a few years back but have never been filmed before. Apparently the cave was sealed by a landslide millenia ago and so the paintings are all preserved as though new but are n fact the oldest known examples of human art at about 35,000 years old. He's filmed it in 3D which sounded a bit unneccessary but it ended up being the most impressive 3D imaging I have ever seen, although some shots had to be done with a hand held camera and caused a bit of a headache.

I would really recommend seeing it, it will almost certainly be on TV in the relatively near future because some of the funding came from more4, but if you can catch it in a cinema in 3D it's well worth it, think the general release date is this Friday but I could be wrong.

Sadly the showing was meant to be followed by a simulcast of a Q&A with Werner Herzog but the local cinema screwed up the feed and we couldn't see it, if anyone here managed to catch it anywhere was it worthwhile??