Films

Guest razz1e

I'm literally giddy with excitement at the prospect of Friday's Mark Kermode film review on 5Live. Reviews of:

Source Code - from the director of my favourite ever film Moon, Duncan 'Don't call me Zowie Bowie' Jones, and

Sucker Punch - a film reportedly so bad it makes Sex & The City 2 look like Citizen Kane.

A couple of Sucker Punch Reviews:

http://cavecitysink.tumblr.com/post/4167367840/this-movie-made-me-feel-bad-to-be-alive-a-review-of

A Short Outline of What Went Wrong: Sucker Punch suffers from two distinct problems.

The first is its complete failure to create any sort of meaningful narrative. To be blunt: This movie is dumb and doesn’t make sense and appears to have been written by sleeping frogs.

The second is that it is nothing but the violent sexual exploitation of young women created solely for the profit of the makers and the entrainment of the idle audience and therefore is morally bankrupt beyond understanding. To be blunt: It must have been written by some very terrible and troubled frogs.

Putting these flaws together we are left with not just utter garbage, but utter garbage that is difficult to follow and impossible to care about.

Edited by Halcyon

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched Once Upon A Time In The Midlands last night, not bad but definately my least favourite Shane Meadow's film. It had some funny bits but not really that entertaining really.

last night I watched The Social Network(well most of it) and Jackass 3.

The Social Network was pretty decent, I wasn't looking forward to it too much but I quite enjoyed it.

Jackass 3 was fantastic, some absolutely hillarious stunts and some absolutely disgusting ones but it really was one of the funniest things I've ever watched.

last night I watched The Social Network(well most of it) and Jackass 3.

The Social Network was pretty decent, I wasn't looking forward to it too much but I quite enjoyed it.

Jackass 3 was fantastic, some absolutely hillarious stunts and some absolutely disgusting ones but it really was one of the funniest things I've ever watched.

That was the only thing I liked about it. The rest of the film was just quick dialogue and editing to pander to its target audience (ie people with zero attention span), pointless subject matter, average acting for the most part, the arse clenchingly bad scene with Timberlake in the nightclub etc. They also made Zuckerberg look like a bitter fool and at times a borderline social retard, which is totally inaccurate. Not that I give a shit.