Films

Guest razz1e

It's been getting some bloody good reviews.

I thought that Thor would be pants - up until I saw the trailer where Thor is on Earth and it's just like the ultimates where he comes across as totally insane and hilarious.

I love the fact they're just aliens but we've gone and got them confused as Gods. I like that.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It kinda reminded me of Stargate but from the aliens point view, lots of desert, aliens being ancient gods, wormhole travelling through a gate, military hiding alien tech etc.

I did like how they handled Loki's plotting & planning and would have liked to seen more of Sif & Stringer Bell but otherwise a entertaining enough flick.

Edited by Purple Monkey

Went to see Thor last night - thoroughly entertaining film - the comedy moments were spot on and for the first time in possibly ever in a superhero movie - I actually bought the love story between the girl and the hero. Loki is such a good villain too I reckon we'll be seeing more of that actor in the years to come. The costumes were also utterly brilliant - and The Destroyer is up there with ED209 in the "coolest death-bot of all time" stakes. The casting for the Marvel films has been uncanny too. f**k Megatron!

I suppose Stargate is probably influenced a lot by Thor, as Thor comics have been around for ages.

Oh and, like all marvel films - remember to stay until the very end of the credits ;)

Went to see Thor last night - thoroughly entertaining film - the comedy moments were spot on and for the first time in possibly ever in a superhero movie - I actually bought the love story between the girl and the hero. Loki is such a good villain too I reckon we'll be seeing more of that actor in the years to come. The costumes were also utterly brilliant - and The Destroyer is up there with ED209 in the "coolest death-bot of all time" stakes. The casting for the Marvel films has been uncanny too. f**k Megatron!

I suppose Stargate is probably influenced a lot by Thor, as Thor comics have been around for ages.

Oh and, like all marvel films - remember to stay until the very end of the credits ;)

Anyone seen Hana? The trailer looks pretty good and I'm hoping to talk my mates into seeing it instead of The Fast & The Furious 5.

I preferred The Illusionist which was out around the same tie. Similar-ish movie. Have a look at that if you havent seen it.

Tonight we watched Kids. pretty good. I've not watched it in about ten years but I really thin k it catches the feel of teenage mid 90s America. The MTV generation really.

Then we watche the Rocky Horror Blu ray, the quality isn't amazing on Blu Ray but it's still one of the greatest films ever.:D

Went to see Thor last night. Cheesy as hell, but a hell of a lot of fun - really enjoyed it. Not perfect, as I never really bought into Thor's character development, but it was certainly a whole lot better than the crapfest that was Ironman 2. It could have gone so wrong, but respect to Kenneth Branagh for doing so well.

Don't agree with the ending at all though ***severe spoilers***

Thor should have been stranded on Earth at the end. The bridge being destroyed and him being stuck in Asgard means things return to how they were at the start of the film, and that always sucks.

There's more emotional character development potential in the plotline that Thor is stranded from Asgard and his father that he loves and is forced to settle for Earth and the earth girl, than there is stranded on Asgard with his father pining after a girl he's known for only a very short moment in his long ass life (he's like thousands of years old). It doesn't make any sense, and I just didn't buy into why he loves Earth or Natalie Portman now after spending half an hour here.

As it is now, I can see that half of the Avengers film is going to be spent trying to get Thor back to this planet - a story that no one cares about in the slightest - rather than actually getting on with a decent hero/villain storyline.

Went to see Thor last night. Cheesy as hell, but a hell of a lot of fun - really enjoyed it. Not perfect, as I never really bought into Thor's character development, but it was certainly a whole lot better than the crapfest that was Ironman 2. It could have gone so wrong, but respect to Kenneth Branagh for doing so well.

Thor should have been stranded on Earth at the end. The bridge being destroyed and him being stuck in Asgard means things return to how they were at the start of the film, and that always sucks.

There's more emotional character development potential in the plotline that Thor is stranded from Asgard and his father that he loves and is forced to settle for Earth and the earth girl, than there is stranded on Asgard with his father pining after a girl he's known for only a very short moment in his long ass life (he's like thousands of years old). It doesn't make any sense, and I just didn't buy into why he loves Earth or Natalie Portman now after spending half an hour here.

As it is now, I can see that half of the Avengers film is going to be spent trying to get Thor back to this planet - a story that no one cares about in the slightest - rather than actually getting on with a decent hero/villain storyline.

Edited by Purple Monkey