Films

Guest razz1e

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's not a perfect director (he can't do emotional depth, and tends to hang his films on one central 'gimmick'); but his action sequences are always tight, and the logic in his films cannot be faulted.

I'd much rather watch one film by Nolan 15 times, than 15 films like Transformers or Pirates once each.

He's not a perfect director (he can't do emotional depth, and tends to hang his films on one central 'gimmick'); but his action sequences are always tight, and the logic in his films cannot be faulted.

I'd much rather watch one film by Nolan 15 times, than 15 films like Transformers or Pirates once each.

Oh no question, his action sequences are usually unique and innovative too. I just think hes overrated. I really cant understand why people were giving The Dark Knight 10/10 on IMDB and giving films like The Godfather 1/10 just to get The Dark Knight up the rankings. Bizarre. The last 45 minutes in particular of the Dark Knight (the 9/11 anti terrorism shit on the boat and the big brother phone cam thing) is total nonsense and conflicting with the first half of the film. Its very weak. Inception decends into a mess too for the last 45 minutes.

For all it's flaws I would happily watch The Dark Knight again than watch the vast majority of films I have seen another time. I do prefer Begins though.

Looking forward to the next one. I like how it'll be a proper ending so that Warners won't be able to f**k it up with another director when Nolan quits.

A reboot is probably already in the works as we speak. Sigh. I hope they give it enough time to pass because reboots generally only work when the franchise has died. Batman Begins came at the right time.....but this Spiderman reboot has me a bit worried. Seems pretty cynical to me.

I really enjoyed Inception on the 1st viewing but it really doesn't hold up the 2nd time and I felt the main problem was the stalker wife, she gets set up as a big villain at the very beginning and then you don't see her again till the end in a very rushed tie up all the loose ends before the credits start popping up.

For all it's flaws I would happily watch The Dark Knight again than watch the vast majority of films I have seen another time. I do prefer Begins though.

Looking forward to the next one. I like how it'll be a proper ending so that Warners won't be able to f**k it up with another director when Nolan quits.

A reboot is probably already in the works as we speak. Sigh. I hope they give it enough time to pass because reboots generally only work when the franchise has died. Batman Begins came at the right time.....but this Spiderman reboot has me a bit worried. Seems pretty cynical to me.

Not convinced at all. I am sick of films that look like they are made by a group of board members.

Inception rip off soundtrack - check.

Screaming woman - check

Something hiding in the dark and then jumping out - check.

Has just enough motifs from the original to make fans forgive it's cynical existence? - check

Someone saying 'oh my god' - check

f**k sake!