Films

Guest razz1e

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched a couple of classics the other day in 'Forrest Gump' & 'The Usual Suspects',both hold up so well still and deserve the term 'classic'.

Off tomorrow and thinking a double header of 'Day Watch' & 'Night Watch'.Two films i love and havent seen in awhile.

Do I need to have seen HP Part 1 to understand Part 2?

[ bearing in mind I haven't read the books, and haven't seen any of the films since the one where they travels back in time and the flying ghouls take over the school (the 3rd one I think) ]

I would love it if Bane was trained by Ra's Al Ghul as some some sort of insurance for the League Of Shadows. Like Bane is the destroyer of Gotham that Ra's wanted Bruce Wayne to be. Gary Oldman did mention that we would be going full circle and I am wondering if the young Ra's Al Ghul scenes will be of him teaching or working with Bane in the League, or something like that....

I finally watched Mulholland Dr. Not my type of movie at all, the first half was ight then it just lost me after the girl on girl scene, with all that weird pyscho shit. I like movies with atleast a little bit of humour in them, this had none and was pretty gloomy throughout the whole movie..

The Storyline was good but pretty confusing at times, I think you need to see it a couple of times to fully understand it..

Oh and this scene scared the shit out of me :lol: this one seemed to have weird sound effects though

Edited by Jackmypie

I would love it if Bane was trained by Ra's Al Ghul as some some sort of insurance for the League Of Shadows. Like Bane is the destroyer of Gotham that Ra's wanted Bruce Wayne to be. Gary Oldman did mention that we would be going full circle and I am wondering if the young Ra's Al Ghul scenes will be of him teaching or working with Bane in the League, or something like that....

Ooh still not convinced by SpiderMan I am afraid. It's still just too soon to be rebooting it. Not enough time has passed and the last one, although bad, wasn't Batman & Robin bad that it killed the franchise.

Also the costume looks shit. The Sam Raimi costume was pretty much Spider-Man, as ridiculous as it was. I still don't understand why two separate Spider-Man franchises have now made him look like he's wearring something only a millionaire could afford. This also looks a bit serious - where's the laughs? Not digging the Mirrors Edge shit either, I would have done if it was some impressively edited real-life parkour stunts shot guerrela style but the CG overkill just makes it seem like a videogame.

Bah. Maybe it is simply too soon for another SpiderMan.

Did anyone watch 'Kidulthood' or 'Adulthood' on BBC3 the past two weeks?

I'm not part of the culture it represents but have an understanding of it living around London.I think as a package they are great films.They are definately meant as a duo though as 'Kidulthood' alone is decent but not special,its the first part of the story.

I have a lot of respect for Noel Clarke who starred,wrote and directed them.Particularly in 'Adulthood' there are some fantastic monologue's and sentiments.