Films

Guest razz1e

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone seen the footage of Andrew Garfield addressing the crowd at comic-con? I think he just convinced me that the new Spider-Man movie is actually going to be pretty f**king good with this guy as the lead. I have also read that this Spider-Man is a total comedian which is immediately better than the last three incarnations. The Lizard will be a CG hulking monster from what I hear which is already ringing alarm bells, but here's hoping it's less Hulk and more District 9.

Did anyone watch 'Kidulthood' or 'Adulthood' on BBC3 the past two weeks?

I'm not part of the culture it represents but have an understanding of it living around London.I think as a package they are great films.They are definately meant as a duo though as 'Kidulthood' alone is decent but not special,its the first part of the story.

I have a lot of respect for Noel Clarke who starred,wrote and directed them.Particularly in 'Adulthood' there are some fantastic monologue's and sentiments.

I've been on a truely awful movie kick this weekend.

Watched The Happening last night for the first time, and then Just Go With It.

Currently half way through Sucker Punch (which is utter shit), and then The Lovely Bones is on at 9pm, which sounds horrendous.

Glutton for punishment me :)

Watching 'Severance' right now.Not the greatest film commited to tape but a decent wee Brit flick.Anything with Tim McInnerny of 'Blackadder' fame is worth a watch.

Danny Dyer is actually decent in it playing his usual role but provides the funny in this dark comedy.

Good soundtrack aswell with T-Rex prominent.

Getting a little fed uop with crap sci-fi at the moment. Watched Battle: Los Angeles and I was not that impressed. just seemed to be a combination of a mix of staple war/sci-fi films with a little Independance Day thrown in.

Mind you I had ordered Battle of Los Angeles the other week by mistake. I would recommend it if you fancy scratching your eyes out for the evening. Jaw droppingly bad :(

Took the lad to see Cars 2 at the flix yesterday, first time at the movies since Inception I think.

Movie was OK, it think its been panned a bit hard. He loved it, but theres no way on earth he followed the plot, which was complicated to a degree that no child of 7/8/9/10 would understand it. The art was fantastic, and some of the cityscapes were very impressive, particularly porto corsa, which was like a cross between portofino and monaco. i reckon the cityscape would have looked quite interesting in 3d for about 2 minutes. we went 2d by the way.

there were 2 genuine lol moments for me, and some nice "knowing chuckles" if your kids like pixar, they will really enjoy it. they just wont really get the gist of the plot.

its very very "mater centric" btw

Edited by t8yman

I'm all for new centrisms, but can you please explain what this one means?

Rec 2 was very good, by the way. I didn't like the first one and remember you talking about it a while ago.

I missed out on the Cannes film festival in May (again) because of a girl. I f**king hate girls at times, me like.

Took the lad to see Cars 2 at the flix yesterday, first time at the movies since Inception I think.

Movie was OK, it think its been panned a bit hard. He loved it, but theres no way on earth he followed the plot, which was complicated to a degree that no child of 7/8/9/10 would understand it. The art was fantastic, and some of the cityscapes were very impressive, particularly porto corsa, which was like a cross between portofino and monaco. i reckon the cityscape would have looked quite interesting in 3d for about 2 minutes. we went 2d by the way.

there were 2 genuine lol moments for me, and some nice "knowing chuckles" if your kids like pixar, they will really enjoy it. they just wont really get the gist of the plot.

its very very "mater centric" btw

the thing is, its not a "bad movie", by any stretch of the imagination. its a bit messy, but it still looks great, its exciting, its funny, and you care about the characters.

if it had been made by anyone else, it would probably have been reviewed better. Pixar do have the bar set really high as you say crawler.