Films

Guest razz1e

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What heat Rufus? The weather? Northern bloomin' pussy.

In film related news, I watched "Your Highness" - utter garbage, had expected more after enjoying "Eastbound and Down" or whatever it's called and "Limitless" - utter garbage, pathetic script and poor ending destroying what was an interesting idea.

Finally watched "The Illusionist" - good acting, but weak compared to "The Prestige" which was I think released at around the same time, and a similar kind of film.

I preferred The Illusionist, purely down to Norton and Giamatti's acting. The Illusionist jumps the shark/runs out of steam a little too much for me in the last half hour. Like most of Nolans films.

Edited by sifi

Captain America is good fun. Felt a bit like an extended montage of the entire history of that character at times but I thought they did a very good job of making you see Steve Rogers as the character and the formation of the whole Captain America identity was handled with plenty of care. Much like Thor and Iron Man there is a good balance between taking the character seriously and knowing when to play scenes for laughs while never disrespecting the character. The way they have him in his goofy Kick-Ass style outfit with the original shield is a clever way of being loyal whilst servicing the story, in that it only makes you empathise with Steve Rogers. It was very much like how in Iron Man they managed to fit the original grey suit in but did it well. They intentionally hit the reset button on Cap in this, as everyone initially views him and the idea if him as much of a joke as most people do in the real world, and then he wins everyone over with what he does. Not once does he spout any patriotic bullshit at all. Yeah, really liked it.

Edited by Purple Monkey

Tonight we watched,

Human Traffic. A decent film for a Saturday night but f**king cringeworthy at times.

DIG!. About the 100th time I've watched it and it never fails to entertain me. I'm a big fan of The dandy Warhols and The Brian Jonestown Massacre so I really ebjoyed this movie. It definately is quite innacurate and certainly sensationalises alot about TBJTM but it still makes a great story

I really like Human Traffic,its a great snap shot of British culture from that time.Saw it when it was released and me and my friends could identify with it instantly,we had so many moments that mirrored the film.

Maybe if watching it for the first time these days it could be cringeworthy.

Also helped that I love John Simm and his body of work.

Finally got round to watching the new Karate Kid. Not just being sentimental, but it wasn't a patch on the original. Will Smith's son is a piss poor actor and doesn't create a character you feel any affection for, probably because you can tell he's a little shit in real life. Jackie Chang was ok in it, but Pat Morita owned the originals and could never be replaced.

Saying that, its a lot more hardcore than the original karate kid films, which was quite cool.

Was watching "Once Upon A Time In America", when suddenly the screen just goes blank, thought it was finished but then realized you needed the other disc to play the rest of the movie, Lovefilm didn't provied the 2nd disc though, cocks :angry: