Films

Guest razz1e

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I thought when i saw her riding the batcycle/pod thing, oddly enough didn't occur to me she may be stealing it. And can I just say, attractive as Anne Hathaway undoubtedly is, I mourn the lack of rubber/pvc in her outfit. :ph34r:

Another rumour I read was that JGL is Jim Gordon's son, all grown up, and he's now a polis who moonlights as a costumed hero, possibly Nightwing. I don't buy this as it would mean this film being set a good 10-12 years after the last one, and he could be playing anybody dressing up as a policeman - one of Joker's goons did it in the last one (did Joker too, can't remember for sure?). I suppose he could still be Nightwing, although I can't see it going down the whole Bat-family route, unless that's the rise of the Dark Knight - Batman realising he doesn't have to do it alone and setting up his cabal, Catwoman, Robin, Nightwing, maybe even Huntress could crop up. Who knows...

You see that they might be using the OccupyWallStreet Protests as a backdrop for some of the Dark Knight Rises scenes? Fits into the whole civil unrest theme of the movie.

On one hand it's profiting from a movement which is all about removing the damaging monetary system, on the other it'd generate more publicity and interest for the movement. I have mixed feelings about it.

Will be interesting to see the dichotomoy between Bane and Batman. Bane is like Venom is to Spider-Man - the alter ego with many similarities. Bane is just what Batman would be like without the money (lived in poverty, a victim of the system born at the bottom of the pyramid while Batman was born at the top, but with all the determination of Batman) Should be a fun watch. Done right, Bane could easily be the most interesting villain.

Could be the most culturally relevant blockbuster to come out of Hollywood in a long time.

Edited by Purple Monkey

Went to see Tintin earlier tonight. Wasnt sure what to expect since i was a fan of the books when I was younger but was pleasently surprised by the film. Really enjoyed the animation- especially during the many action scenes and I thought Andy serkis was excellent as Captain Haddock.

Finally found and watched a HD rip of Senna with properly ripped and hard-coded english subs (it was an avi too which was handy)

amazing movie, I can see why it received such great reviews. I was kinda old enough, but not really interested enough back in those days. his rise was a true hero story, and his end was incredibly sad. The religion stuff almost put me off, but I could quite easily watch the movie again and again.

highly recommended, and one of the top 5 I have watched this year.

Process nerds can get their freak on with Pete Jackson's new Hobbit diary.

Although the film stock (5K) and 3D look interesting - particularly that the design side is also being developed in 3D - the 48FPS aspect of the movie is REALLY interesting.

Worth a look.