Films

Guest razz1e

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only found out today that 'The Dark Knight Rises' is set 8 years after 'The Dark Knight' and that this summer Batman,Superman & Spiderman will be played by British actors.Coupled with Martin Freeman starring as Bilbo Baggins I think that's quite a coo for British cinema and actors.

She was the first political leader I remember, her and Ronnie Reagan, and she came across as a dragon even back then. Looks like the film is trying to "humanise" her.

Theres certainly a lot of issues to pick from so it cant be boring surely?! Although Im sure it'll be wildly inaccurate as these things usually are.

A lonely place to die is worth a watch. Probably more so if you have no idea what it's about beforehand as I didn't.

I am looking forward to watching the help but am reading it at the moment so will have to wait a while.

I watched Brighton rock and we need to talk about Kevin the other day, don't think I would have enjoyed or very much understood either if I hadnt read the books?!

went to see MI4 last night, really funny in parts and great action in others, make sure to see it at an Imax if you can...

... becausssssse, you get to see the 6 minute Batman trailer. It looks immense, though, none of the 6 of my friends could understand a thing Bane says :blink: Does anyone know if they are fixing this for the film?

went to see MI4 last night, really funny in parts and great action in others, make sure to see it at an Imax if you can...

... becausssssse, you get to see the 6 minute Batman trailer. It looks immense, though, none of the 6 of my friends could understand a thing Bane says :blink: Does anyone know if they are fixing this for the film?

The Ides of March, very clever and engaging in parts. Kind of just fizzles out though but well worth a watch. I love political thrillers/dramas anyway. Solid 7/10.

I would have hoped for more though with a cast that includes Philip Seymour Hoffman, Paul Giamatti, George Clooney, Ryan Gosling and Marisa Tomei but their performances are good for what they're given.

The Ides of March, very clever and engaging in parts. Kind of just fizzles out though but well worth a watch. I love political thrillers/dramas anyway. Solid 7/10.

I would have hoped for more though with a cast that includes Philip Seymour Hoffman, Paul Giamatti, George Clooney, Ryan Gosling and Marisa Tomei but their performances are good for what they're given.

Went and saw The Artist last night. If you havent heard, it's a black and white silent film, with a full orchestral score, and revolves around the changing of film from silent to talkies. A really refreshing alternative to all the blockbusters out at the moment. Both of the lead roles are stunningly performed, and I'd pretty much fallen in love with Berenice Bejo by the end :wub:

BereniceBejo_Hell-Of-Henri-Georges-Clouzot-Photocall_Vettri.Net-05.jpg

Looks like it's gonna feature heavily in awards season as well